Fitness Institute is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) teaching the following courses
Services Australia (Centrelink) Information for Students
- Fitness Institute is registered for students wishing to apply for Centrelink payments over a period of:
- 30 weeks for the standalone SIS30315 – Certificate III in Fitness
- 30 weeks for the standalone SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness
- 60 weeks for the combined offering of SIS30315 – Certificate III in Fitness / SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness (Marketed as Combo PT Course).
Fitness Institute Compliance Management
Information on Fitness Institute’s policies, procedures and contract terms and conditions is available in our Student Handbook:
Student Handbook (v5 Last Edited 26/11/2018)
Fitness Institute’s Student Handbook details the Compliance Management process as well as information on:
- Provision of Information
- Access and Equity
- Learning, Language and Numeracy (LLN)
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfers
- Payment of Fees and Other Financial Transactions
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Student Support Services
- Counseling and Discipline
- Grievances and Appeals
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Version Control
- Validation Strategy
- Risk Management
- Issuing Qualifications
Online form for student use (for use by enrolled students only).
By Request. Please call 07 4771 2791 and press 2 for Student Support.
ENROLMENT & PRICING POLICIES
- Qualifications are not issued until full payment has been received for the course.
- PaySmart Charges apply for all payment plans – $1.95 per payment PaySmart Admin Fee and once off $11.00 setup fee.
Other Costs for Personal Trainer Courses
- First Aid and CPR Course (approx $110 – $150 depending on training provider)
- Suitable Laptop or Desktop computer with ADSL or NBN internet and Microsoft Office (Word, powerpoint, excel)
- Note that free versions of Microsoft office such as OpenOffice.org often cause formatting issues
- Gym membership or casual visits
- Skin Fold Callipers (approx cost $17)
- Blood Pressure Machine (approx cost $35 for a wrist BP machine or $60 for an arm BP machine)
- Tape Measure (approx cost $2)
- Recommended Software
- Recommended Books (additional to the Fitness Institute learner guide)
Payment, Refund and Completion Policy
- We will allow a refund or cease payments only in the instance that we (as Fitness Institute Pty Ltd) cannot or have not provided a service as stated in our terms and conditions.
Examples of this could be:
- Online Learning Management System (LMS) unavailable for a long period of time (e.g. weeks at a time) without tutors providing alternative means to reading, lecture and assessment materials
- Lecturers for a Face to Face course not turning up to instruct classes during allotted times (e.g. 5:30 – 9:30pm Mondays and Wednesdays, Saturdays 10am – 5pm)
Refunds are not issued if students choose not to complete coursework, do not attend class or find themselves too busy to complete the course.
Students must make every attempt to come to class to learn and participate in the practicals and make use of the Learning Management System as backup and support to learning.
Contracts cannot be canceled and students who become financially unable to continue payments can apply to have payments adjusted and service charges may apply. In severe medical cases, a request can be made to hold or reduce payments or a reasonable extension duration can be negotiated.
The cooling off period after the contract has been agreed to (signed electronically or by hand) is 48 hours.
Students taking longer than the agreed amount of time are required to pay an additional $100 per program stage (module) extension fee to cover costs associated with re-enrolment, marking and administration. Extensions can be purchased from the extensions page.
Certificates will not be issued until full payment has been made to the Fitness Institute, all assessments are marked competent and all work placement hours are completed. In the case of the “Combo” course (Certificate III and IV in Fitness), a student may request their Certificate III on completion of all module assessments, work placement hours and payment of at least half the total amount of the contract.
More information can be found at ACCC with regards to contracts.
If you have any questions about the enrolment process, we are here to help you on (07) 4724 3123 or please see our contact page.
Note: You must be an Australian Citizen or Resident to enroll in Fitness Institute courses. If you are a non-resident, you will need to search for a CRICOS provider offering the Cert III and IV in Fitness.
1. Select your payment plan. Note: all payment plans, including specials, are available from relevant course pages.
2. Create or confirm your USI and inform us of your USI in step 4.
3. Register for $25 Student Insurance with AUSactive and notify us of this number in step 4 (for PT/Fitness Courses only).
4. Register for our Learning Management System (no need to enrol in any courses – we can help with this later).
After your payment plan contract is completed, we will review the enrolment and activate the first portion of your course as soon as possible.
You can start to get organised by:
- Finding a mentor and suitable gym facility (if doing the Online PT course)
- Completing your First Aid Course HLTAID001, HLTAID002, HLTAID003.
Thanks for choosing the Fitness Institute and Making the Change in your life and inspiring others to do the same.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a course enquiry, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
- With Infusionsoft marketing software (which you can unsubscribe from)
- With Fix your Funnel SMS Software (which you can opt out from)
- With Chat Metrics or Zopim Chat
- With Financial Systems (currently FFA PaySmart that has SSL technology)
- With our Learning / Training Management System – BlueGem that also has SSL technology.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems. We are also required to keep all information confidential and all sensitive/credit information supplied is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We have implemented a variety of security measures when an order is placed to maintain the safety of your personal information and all transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice to outside parties. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to enquiries and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
With our emails, we will aim to:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Fitness Institute Headquarters
Levels 2-3, 719 Flinders Street
Townsville, QLD, 4810
Ph: (07) 4771 2791
Last Edited 04/10/19
eSHOP TERMS & CONDITIONS
CANCELLATION OF ORDERS
Fitness Institute reserves the right to cancel, at any time before delivery and for whatever reason, an Order that it has previously accepted. Fitness Institution may do this for example, but without limitation, where:
(a) Fitness Institutions suppliers are unable to supply Goods that they have previously promised to supply;
(b) an event beyond Fitness Institute’s control, such as storm, fire, flood, earthquake, terrorism, power failure, war, strike or failure of computer systems, means that Fitness Institute is unable to supply the Goods within a reasonable time;
(c) Goods ordered were subject to an error on the Website, for example, in relation to a description, price or image, which was not discovered prior to the Order being accepted.
returns & exchange policy
Fitness Institute takes it’s products and customer service seriously. We are committed to ensuring you are satisfied with your purchase. If there is ever an issue with our products or services provided, please get in contact with us. We will take care of this together with you to ensure you are satisfied.
No returns, exchanges or refunds can be provided on items returned to Fitness Institute in a non-resellable condition, or outside our terms and conditions.
Returns will be accepted on any faulty products within their warranty period (minimum 12 months warranty). Items must be returned to Fitness Institute within a reasonable timeframe, and an exchange, refund or credit will be applied after assessment by a Fitness Insititute representative.
Please note that we will be only be providing a refund by the methods available to us at the time of your return. This may involve Bank Deposit, PayPal, Credit Card Reversal or Store Credit. Please allow up to 7-14 days for refunds or credits to be processed.
Any order to an Australian destination will incur a flat rate $20AUD shipping fee.
We aim to deliver Australian orders within 5 – 7 business days from the time of order. Please note that during our sale/promotional events or parts of WA & NT, delivery may take up to 7 – 10 business days.
Upon placing your order an automated confirmation email will be sent to you confirming receipt of your order. A subsequent email will be sent once the order is dispatched.
For local pick up orders you will receive notification via email when your order is ready to collect.
To guarantee safe arrival of your Fitness Institute online purchase, please specify a business hours address for delivery [PO Box delivery addresses are acceptable]. If no one is present to accept the delivery, your purchase will be left in the most logical and secure location available or taken to the local post office or courier depot. A card with pick up details will be left.