designed for school
Our School Certificate III has been specfically designed for those still attending school.
The school’s program is a fantastic opportunity for students wanting to work in the Fitness Industry while still finishing school!
Specifically designed our courses to give our students the best learning environment possible and to make sure you come out on the other end as a confident and reputable fitness professional.
SIS30315-Certificate III in Fitness
Certificate III in Fitness
SIS30315 – Certificate III in Fitness
- Program Stage 01 – Course Introduction and First Aid
- HLTAID003 — Provide First Aid (required externally).
- HLTAID001 — Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (highly recommended)
- Program Stage 02 – WHS and Risk in the Fitness Industry
- BSBRSK401 — Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTWHS001 — Participate in workplace health and safety
- Program Stage 03 – Working in the Fitness Industry
- SISXCCS001 – Provide quality service**
- SISXFAC001 — Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 — Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- Plus 5 hours Maintenance Log book
- Plus 10 hours Customer Service Log book
- Program Stage 04 – Anatomy and Physiology
- SISFFIT004 — Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming**
- Program Stage 05 – Gym Instructor
- SISFFIT001 — Provide health screening and fitness orientation**
- SISFFIT002 — Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations **
- SISFFIT003 — Instruct fitness programs**
- SISFFIT005 — Provide healthy eating information**
- SISFFIT006 — Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 — Instruct exercise to older clients
- Program Stage 06 – Group Fitness
- SISFFIT007 — Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT011 — Instruct approved community fitness programs
- SISXCAI006 — Facilitate groups
- Plus 15 hours of attending group fitness classes log book
**Pre-requisites for the SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness
- Anatomy and Physiology
- WHS, Risk Management and Working in the Fitness Industry
- Group Fitness
- Gym Instruction and Healthy Eating (General Population and Older Clients)
It is highly recommended students hold a gym membership in addition to course to help with practical placement hours.
We recommend a facility that offers a range of group fitness classes or is a full-service gym with a wide range of equipment.
30 hours of work placement is required to complete the Certificate III in Fitness including:
- 15 hours of attending various group fitness classes and
- 15 hours of maintenance and customer service
Completion of HLTAID001 CPR and HLTAID003 First Aid are also to be completed externally in order to complete the Certificate III in Fitness.
- A small level of familiarity with gyms.
- Desktop or laptop computer (2 screens recommended for study, but not required).
- Computer literacy
- Able to process word documents, spreadsheets and presentation files.
- Able to send emails and attach documents or link to web files.
- Able to take pictures or videos on smartphones and upload to the web.
- Year 10 or equivalent completed. Year 11 minimum if in school (note 18 + is recommended).
- Ability to participate in physical activity or work out a suitable plan with your mentor (if injured).
- Commercial gym membership and access to be able to complete your practicals and experience different group fitness classes.
- A mentor with at least a Certificate IV in Fitness and relevant experience (you may use multiple mentors if you like).
- If you believe that you may have learning difficulties with this course, please contact Fitenss Institute first on 1300 434 863 and we can advise our support options including the VIP Support Pack.