FACE TO FACE SCHOOLS PROGRAM (Townsville, 2017)
Fitness Institute will offer the SIS30315 – Certificate III in Fitness course to students over one year.
- State Schools on Wednesday afternoons (1 pm – 4 pm).
- Private Schools on Thursday afternoons (1 pm – 4 pm).
- + set practical weekends as advised during the term.
Students will focus on the following modules for differing terms:
Term 1: Group Fitness.
Term 2: Anatomy and Physiology.
Term 3: OHS, Risk Management, Working in the Fitness Industry
Term 4: Gym Instructor and Healthy Eating (General Population and Older Clients)
It is highly recommended that the students purchase a gym membership in addition to their PT course. A gym membership will help with the students practical placement hours. 30 hours of work placement is required in order to achieve the Certificate III in Fitness including:
- 15 hours of attending various group fitness classes and
- 15 hours of maintenance / customer service.
We recommend a gym that has lots of different group fitness classes or is a full service gym rather than just a 24 hour gym that has equipment as this will be the more efficient choice.
ONLINE SCHOOL STUDENTS (Australia Wide)
The SIS30315 – Certificate III in Fitness (Gym Instructor / Group Fitness Instructor) is also available Australia wide with our online Learning Management System provided the student has access to a suitable gym and mentor. A gym membership is also strongly recommended to complete this course externally.
Enrolment Steps: (for both online and Face to Face students) Please see our policies first.
1. Select your payment plan (see this page for all terms and conditions).
- Face to Face (Townsville) $1,690 contract.
- Online – 1,490 contract.
- Option 1 – $190 First payment + 26 x $50 weekly payments.
2. Create or confirm your USI and inform us of your USI in step 4.
You will also need to inform us of our LUI number if you are a QLD resident. (Your school administration can help if you don’t know this)..
3. Register for Free Student Insurance with Fitness Australia and notify us of this number in step 4.
4. Register for our Learning Management System. (Note: no need to enrol in any courses. We can help with this later. We just need the registration page completed and then for you to log in and complete the Members, Personal Details, Compliance tab)..
Anatomy lessons in class..
Equipment maintenance pracs…
For more information on the course, please select SCHOOLS PT PROGRAM
in the drop down box under Course information Request.