School Cert 3 in Fitness
Gym & Fitness Instructor course For H.S. Students
Learn the skills to be
THE BEST FITNESS PROFESSIONAL POSSIBLE
SIS30321-Cert 3 in Fitness
Since 2009, Fitness Institute has coached, inspired and empowered trainers Australia Wide!
Our team is In the Industry – for the Industry. All staff at Fitness Institute have experience in the Sport, Wellness, Fitness and Recreation Industry. Even the Directors and Management Team are fully qualified Coaches and Trainers.
We have specifically designed our courses to give our students the best learning environment possible and to make sure you come out the other end as a confident and reputable fitness professional.
Completing the SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness is your first stepping stone towards a career in the fitness industry. It is perfect if you are looking to become employed or start working as:
- Graduate as a Group Exercise Instructor & Gym Instructor
- Facilitate inclusion for clients with a disability
- Provide pre-screens & develop resistance programs to clients
- Learn about the Fitness Industry, how to maintain a gym & customer service
- Anatomy and Physiology
- WHS, Risk Management and Working in the Fitness Industry
- Group Fitness
- Gym Instruction and Healthy Eating (General Population and Older Clients)
It is highly recommended students hold a gym membership in addition to course to help with practical placement hours.
We recommend a facility that offers a range of group fitness classes or is a full-service gym with a wide range of equipment.
30 hours of work placement is required to complete the Certificate III in Fitness including:
- 15 hours of attending various group fitness classes and
- 15 hours of maintenance and customer service
Completion of HLTAID011 First Aid is also to be completed externally in order to complete the Certificate III in Fitness.
There are no official entry requirements to the Certificate III in Fitness, however Fitness Institute will require the following for our course:
- A small level of familiarity with gyms.
- Desktop or laptop computer (2 screens recommended for study, but not required).
- Computer literacy
- Able to process word documents, spreadsheets and presentation files.
- Able to send emails and attach documents or link to web files.
- Able to take pictures or videos on smartphones and upload to the web.
- Year 10 or equivalent completed. Year 11 minimum if in school (note 18 + is recommended).
- Ability to participate in physical activity or work out a suitable plan with your mentor (if injured).
- Commercial gym membership and access to be able to complete your practicals and experience different group fitness classes.
- A mentor with at least a Certificate IV in Fitness and relevant experience (you may use multiple mentors if you like).
- If you believe that you may have learning difficulties with this course, please contact Fitenss Institute first on 1300 434 863 and we can advise our support options including the VIP Support Pack.
- There will be a $25 student insurance fee with AUSactive and requirement for USI.
PROGRAM STAGES - SIS30321 – Certificate III in Fitness
FI 01 – Course Introduction and First Aid
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid (to be completed externally)
FI 02 – Work Health and Safety (Logbook and completion of First Aid)
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
- BSBWHS332X – Apply infection prevention and control procedures to own work environment
FI 03 – Working in the Industry (Logbook and video submissions)
- BSBPEF301 – Organise personal work priorities
- SIRXSLS001 – Sell to the retail customer
- BSBOPS304 – Deliver and monitor a service to customers
FI 04 – Anatomy and Physiology
- SISFFIT047 – Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
FI 05 – The Role of Gym Instructor
- SISFFIT032 – Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation
- SISFFIT033 – Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT052 – Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT040 – Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
- SISXDIS001 – Facilitate inclusion for people with a disability
FI 06 – The Role of Group Fitness Instructor
- SISFFIT035 – Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036 – Instruct group exercise sessions
DESIGNED FOR SCHOOL
Our School Certificate III has been specifically designed for those still attending school with a flexible course layout.
The school’s program is a fantastic opportunity for students wanting to work in the Fitness Industry while still finishing school!
Learn from experienced industry professionals so you can become the best health & fitness professional possible
VIEW INVESTMENT PLANS | STARTING FROM $39 PER WEEK
REQUEST A CALL TO SPEAK TO OUR FRIENDLY CAREERS TEAM