GROUP EXERCISE LEADER
Learn the skills to be
THE BEST GROUP EXERCISE LEADER POSSIBLE
SISSS00128 – Group Exercise Leader
SISSS00128 – Group Exercise Leader
Since 2009, Fitness Institute has coached, inspired and empowered trainers Australia Wide!
Our team is in the Industry – for the Industry.
All Training and Assessment staff at Fitness Institute have experience in the Sport, Wellness, Fitness and Recreation Industry – even the Directors and Management Team are fully qualified Coaches and Trainers!
We have specifically designed our GEL course to give the best learning environment possible and ensure students come away a confident and reputable fitness professional.
Our course developers have extensive Group Exercise Leader experience and pre-choreographed qualifications including the Les Mills suite and MetaFit.
Fitness Institute offers the SISSS00128 – Group Exercise Leader online.
The GEL skillset qualifies students to deliver pre-designed group exercise classes and is perfect for those wanting to teach classes offered by training providers such as:
- Les Mills
- MYND Tribe
The above classes will allow for AUSactive and Physical Activity Australia registration and insurance.
A pathway is also available for:
via registration with FITREC and their recommended insurance provider(s).
The GEL Skillset requires the completion of
- A pre-designed course through an approved external provider
- See above for AUSactive approved programs or talk to us about other programs.
- External completion of First Aid (HLTAID011)
- Industry experience, knowledge and skills in:
- Customer service
- Work Health and Safety
- The Fitness Industry
- Practical industry assessments requiring a mentor for:
- Instructing 3 pre-designed group exercise sessions (flexibility, resistance and older adults)
- A simulated WHS meeting in a sport, fitness or recreation environment
- Five hours of customer service experience (you can complete this in any industry)
While there are no formal entry requirements, we recommend:
- Waiting until you are at least 16 years of age
- Familiarising yourself with the group exercise sessions you wish to teach
- Seeking out a mentor with a GEL or Certificate III in Fitness qualification plus the required pre-designed certification you intend to do
- Finding a sport, fitness and/or recreation facility to assist with practical tasks
- Completing a First Aid course as soon as possible
- AUSactive are now offering free Student Insurance, (if insurance is not currently held)
- Tracking down your Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Learn more about Fitness Institute’s support and enrolment processes here:
PROGRAM STAGES - SISSS00128 - Group Exercise Leader
The GEL Skillset requires four units of competency to be completed:
An exclusive world-class experience offering the opportunity to become a Registered Group Exercise Leader on completion
Full unobstructed course access so you can set your own flexible schedule with no down time upon submissions
Course combines with recognised pre-choreographed training such as Mossa, Les Mills, Radical or Zumba
VIEW INVESTMENT PLANS | STARTING FROM $59 PER WEEK
ENQUIRE NOW FOR YOUR FREE COURSE GUIDE INFO PACK
Excellent customer service; from Sarah, to Jaimee, to Kristine, the team members have been supportive, friendly, consistent and professional in every step of my journey with Fitness Institute.
Consider that I had a terrible urgency in getting my GEL qualification, and I admit - I bothered them MANY times.
Did they react nervously or lose their patience? No!
They've been amazing all the time, super-patient, super-helpful.
I have experience in teaching customer service, and let me tell you: EXCELLENT JOB!
(this was the first time I heard about them, it's not a fake review! 😉 )
can i run freestyle classes?
No, the GEL skillset will only qualify you for pre-choreographed group fitness classes.
If you want to run freestyle classes, you will need to complete at minimum the Certificate III in Fitness.
If you do want to design your own fitness classes and obtain a greater knowledge of anatomy, physiology, group instruction and exercise prescription in the near future, you should consider the Certificate III & IV in Fitness which is a pathway to becoming a qualified Gym Supervisor and Personal Trainer.
Read more about the differences between Group Exercise Leader and Group Exercise Instructor Qualification HERE.
hOW QUICKLY CAN I COMPLETE THIS COURSE?
- Completion of the external certification (some require more work than others).
- Completion of all learning and coursework.
- Completion of all work placement (11 hours)
A good guide would be to allow at least 3 weeks to complete all work.
All students will have 5 months to complete this course.
If the course is not completed withing 5 months, students can purchase an extension for one program stage.
CAN I COMPLETE A CERTIFICATE III IN FITNESS LATER?
I already have a Certificate III in Fitness, Do I require a GEL Certification?
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
GET YOUR FREE