Cert 3 in
Learn the skills to be
THE BEST PT POSSIBLE
SIS30315-Cert 3 in Fitness
Since 2009, Fitness Institute has coached, inspired and empowered trainers Australia Wide!
Our team is In the Industry – for the Industry. All staff at Fitness Institute have experience in the Sport, Wellness, Fitness and Recreation Industry. Even the Directors and Management Team are fully qualified Coaches and Trainers.
We have specifically designed our courses to give our students the best learning environment possible and to make sure you come out the other end as a confident and reputable fitness professional.
Completing the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness is your first stepping stone towards a career in the fitness industry. It is perfect if you are looking to become employed or start working as:
- Graduate as a Group Exercise Instructor & Gym Instructor
- Instruct exercise to older adults
- Personal Trainer in a gym, health club or leisure centre
- Deliver exercise classes to a mix of fitness levels & different age groups
- Provide pre-screens & develop resistance programs to clients
- Build your own Personal Training business
- Invest into an existing Personal Training franchise
- Learn about the Fitness Industry, how to maintain a gym & customer service
Obtaining this entry level qualification allows you to work in environments such as a commercial gym, performing pre-exercise screens, fitness assessments and program delivery. You can also assist with customer service and upkeep of the facility as well as deliver a wide range of fitness classes to groups of all ages and fitness levels.
Our program development team has chosen specific electives to better prepare you and increase your employability.
This course is available face to face in select locations and online Australia Wide with the support of a suitably qualified mentor. Discounts are available when combining the Certificate III & IV in Fitness.
If you do not complete, extensions can be purchased.
There are no official entry requirements to the Certificate III in Fitness, however Fitness Institute will require the following for our course:
- A small level of familiarity with gyms.
- Desktop or laptop computer (2 screens recommended for study, but not required).
- Computer literacy
- Able to process word documents, spreadsheets and presentation files.
- Able to send emails and attach documents or link to web files.
- Able to take pictures or videos on smartphones and upload to the web.
- Year 10 or equivalent completed. Year 11 minimum if in school (note 18 + is recommended).
- Ability to participate in physical activity or work out a suitable plan with your mentor (if injured).
- Commercial gym membership and access to be able to complete your practicals and experience different group fitness classes.
- A mentor with at least a Certificate IV in Fitness and relevant experience (you may use multiple mentors if you like).
- If you believe that you may have learning difficulties with this course, please contact Fitness Institute first on 1300 434 863 and we can advise our support options including the VIP Support Pack.
VIP SUPPORT PACK
- Covers additional support for Cert III in Fitness
- 10 Scheduled 30 minute outbound calls with a Fitness Professional
- Extensive feedback on assessment items
- Video observation and feedback of practicals
- Students with limited access to industry support and guidance or who need help with assessments due to course Learning, Literacy and Numeracy requirements are recommended to add the VIP Support pack
- Only an additional $500
- ACCELERATE with VIP – $2,290 for VIP Paid in Full
- FREEDOM A with VIP – $2,490 for VIP Investment Plan ($85 First payment + $85 remainder weekly payments)
- FREEDOM B with VIP – $2,490 for VIP Investment Plan ($100 First payment + $170 remainder fortnightly payments)
PROGRAM STAGES - SIS30315 – Certificate III in Fitness
Program Stage 01 – Course Introduction & First Aid
- HLTAID003 — Provide First Aid (required externally)
- HLTAID001 — Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (highly recommended)**
Program Stage 02 – WHS and Risk in the Fitness Industry
- BSBRSK401 — Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTWHS001 — Participate in workplace health and safety
Program Stage 03 – Working in the Fitness Industry
- SISXCCS001 – Provide quality service**
- SISXFAC001 — Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 — Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- Plus 5 hours Maintenance Log book
- Plus 10 hours Customer Service Log book
Program Stage 04 – Anatomy and Physiology
- SISFFIT004 — Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming**
Program Stage 05 – Gym Instructor
- SISFFIT001 — Provide health screening and fitness orientation**
- SISFFIT002 — Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations **
- SISFFIT003 — Instruct fitness programs**
- SISFFIT005 — Provide healthy eating information**
- SISFFIT006 — Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 — Instruct exercise to older clients
Program Stage 06 – Group Fitness
- SISFFIT007 — Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT011 — Instruct approved community fitness programs
- SISXCAI006 — Facilitate groups
- Plus 15 hours of attending group fitness classes log book
- **Pre-requisites for the SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness
World Class Experience
We pride ourselves in offering an exclusive world-class experience with a great support network
Full comprehensive courses designed by our team with decades of combined knowledge & experiance
Learn from experienced industry professionals so you can become the best health & fitness professional possible
our certificate iii in fitness gives you the best career outcomes through a full comprehensive course.
BE INDUSTRY READY WITH up to date course CONTENT.
set your own pace & create your own flexible schedule whilst studying online.
learn from experienced industry professionals.
EMBRACE THE OPPORTUNITY | BOOST YOUR SKILLS | MAKE THE CHANGE