Cert 3 & 4 in Fitness
ONLINE PERSONAL TRAINER COURSE COMBO
SIS30315-Cert 3 in Fitness
SIS40215-Cert 4 in Fitness
Since 2009, Fitness Institute has coached, inspired and empowered Personal Trainers Australia Wide!
One of the most common questions we get asked is, “how to become a personal trainer?”
If you are looking for a world-class online personal trainer course, enrolling in this course option will give you the Cert 3 & 4 in Fitness, enabling you to be a leading health & fitness professional.
Our team is In the Industry – for the Industry. All staff at Fitness Institute have experience in the Sport, Wellness, Fitness and Recreation Industry. Even the Directors and Management Team are fully qualified Coaches and Trainers.
We have specifically designed our courses to give our students the best learning environment possible and to make sure you come out the other end as a confident and reputable fitness professional.
Completing the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness is your first stepping stone towards a career in the fitness industry. It is perfect if you are looking to become employed or start working as:
- Graduate as a Group Exercise Instructor & Gym Instructor
- Instruct exercise to older adults
- Personal Trainer in a gym, health club or leisure centre
- Deliver exercise classes to a mix of fitness levels & different age groups
- Provide pre-screens & develop resistance programs to clients
- Build your own Personal Training business
- Invest into an existing Personal Training franchise
- Learn about the Fitness Industry, how to maintain a gym & customer service
Completing the SIS40215 Certificate IV combined with the Certificate III in Fitness you will be able to graduate as a fully reputable fitness professional:
- Graduate as a Personal Trainer
- Train individuals or groups of children & adults
- Develop the skills to setup your own business in the Fitness Industry
- Deliver fitness classes to children 5-12 years old and teens 13-17 years old
- Strength & Conditioning programming & coaching
For more details on becoming a Personal Trainer click here.
We have specifically designed our personal trainer courses to give our students the best learning environment along with the best support available possible and to make sure you come out on the other end as a confident and reputable fitness professional.
Our comprehensive online personal trainer course is self-paced, meaning you can structure your learning around your busy life without any assessment deadlines and you can finish as quickly as you like. All learning material and assessments are available to you from the day you’re enrolled – No annoying waiting on assessments to progress through your course.
Combined with being a fully accredited RTO, our course is nationally and internationally recognised, so you can travel the world and take your qualifications with you!
- A small level of familiarity with gyms.
- Desktop or laptop computer (2 screens recommended for study, but not required).
- Computer literacy
- Able to process word documents, spreadsheets and presentation files.
- Able to send emails and attach documents or link to web files.
- Able to take pictures or videos on smartphones and upload to the web.
- Year 10 or equivalent completed. Year 11 minimum if in school (note 18 + is recommended).
- Ability to participate in physical activity or work out a suitable plan with your mentor (if injured).
- Commercial gym membership and access to be able to complete your practicals and experience different group fitness classes.
- A mentor with at least a Certificate IV in Fitness and relevant experience (you may use multiple mentors if you like).
- If you believe that you may have learning difficulties with this course, please contact Fitness Institute first on 1300 434 863 and we can advise our support options including the VIP Support Pack.
PROGRAM STAGES - SIS30315 – Certificate III in Fitness
Program Stage 01 – Course Introduction & First Aid
- HLTAID003 — Provide First Aid (required externally)
- HLTAID001 — Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (highly recommended)**
Program Stage 02 – WHS and Risk in the Fitness Industry
- BSBRSK401 — Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTWHS001 — Participate in workplace health and safety
Program Stage 03 – Working in the Fitness Industry
- SISXCCS001 – Provide quality service**
- SISXFAC001 — Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 — Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- Plus 5 hours Maintenance Log book
- Plus 10 hours Customer Service Log book
Program Stage 04 – Anatomy and Physiology
- SISFFIT004 — Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming**
Program Stage 05 – Gym Instructor
- SISFFIT001 — Provide health screening and fitness orientation**
- SISFFIT002 — Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations **
- SISFFIT003 — Instruct fitness programs**
- SISFFIT005 — Provide healthy eating information**
- SISFFIT006 — Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 — Instruct exercise to older clients
Program Stage 06 – Group Fitness
- SISFFIT007 — Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT011 — Instruct approved community fitness programs
- SISXCAI006 — Facilitate groups
- Plus 15 hours of attending group fitness classes log book
- **Pre-requisites for the SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness
PROGRAM STAGES - SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness
Program Stage 07 – Group Training &d Young People
- SISFFIT012 — Instruct movement programs to children aged 5 -12
- SISFFIT013 — Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 -17 years
- SISFFIT016 — Provide the motivation to positively influence exercise behavior
- SISFFIT019 — Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness
- SISFFIT023 — Instruct group personal training programs
Program Stage 08 – Deliver Personal Training
- SISFFIT015 – Collaborate with a medical and allied health professional in a fitness context
- SISFFIT017 – Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 – Promote Functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT020 – Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 – Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 – Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 – Support healthy eating through the eat for health program
- SISXRES001 – Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
Program Stage 09 – Develop a Small Business
- BSBSLS408 – Present, Secure and support sales solutions
- BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
Program Stage 10 – Strength & Conditioning and Endurance Training
- SISFFIT024 — Instruct endurance programs
- SISSSTC301A — Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A — Develop strength and conditioning programs
World Class Experience
We pride ourselves in offering an exclusive world-class experience with a great support network available to FI students
Full comprehensive personal trainer courses designed by our team with decades of combined knowledge & experience
ONLINE PT COURSE
- Lisa Erzsebet Rozsavoelgyi
I really loved that there was an option for an alternative assessment! If you chose to go with, you could just learn more and find information from the industry and about the relevant factors. Other great aspects were to be able to call the institute to ask questions and get a clear and supporting answer all the time! Communication has been fabulous so the service! All the assessors have been kind, friendly and clear with instructions on how and where you need to modify your answers and encourage you positively on this journey. I have not met any of you from face to face but I can imagine a well working team and a happy group of individuals. Thank you for your support! -
- Errin King
If you're looking for a supportive, reliable and informative RTO then get in contact with Fitness Institite. -
- Jason Godwin
LOVE the Fitness Institute - the trainers have a wealth of knowledge and experience - making for a great learning experience! I'd highly recommend for anyone looking at studying in the fitness industry. -