Cert 3 in Fitness
Gym & Fitness Instructor qualification
Learn the skills to be
THE BEST FITNESS PROFESSIONAL POSSIBLE
SIS30321-Cert 3 in Fitness
Since 2009, Fitness Institute has coached, inspired and empowered trainers Australia Wide!
Our team is In the Industry – for the Industry. All staff at Fitness Institute have experience in the Sport, Wellness, Fitness and Recreation Industry. Even the Directors and Management Team are fully qualified Coaches and Trainers.
We have specifically designed our courses to give our students the best learning environment possible and to make sure you come out the other end as a confident and reputable fitness professional.
Completing the SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness is your first stepping stone towards a career in the fitness industry. It is perfect if you are looking to become employed or start working as:
- Graduate as a Group Exercise Instructor & Gym Instructor
- Facilitate inclusion for clients with a disability
- Provide pre-screens & develop resistance programs to clients
- Learn about the Fitness Industry, how to maintain a gym & customer service
By completing the Certificate III in Fitness, you can work as a gym instructor or supervisor delivering training programs, a group fitness instructor designing innovative fitness classes or a customer service or member services representative!
Fitness Institute’s SIS30321 – Certificate III in Fitness is specifically designed for those wishing to progress towards a career in the Fitness Industry.
Obtaining this entry level qualification allows you to work in environments such as a commercial gym, performing pre-exercise screens, fitness assessments and program delivery. You can also assist with customer service and upkeep of the facility as well as deliver a wide range of fitness classes.
Our program development team has chosen specific electives to better prepare you and increase your employability.
This course is available face to face in select locations and online Australia Wide with the support of a suitably qualified mentor. Discounts are available when combining the Certificate III & IV in Fitness.
If you do not complete, extensions can be purchased.
There are no official entry requirements to the Certificate III in Fitness, however Fitness Institute will require the following for our course:
- A small level of familiarity with gyms.
- Desktop or laptop computer.
- Computer literacy
- Able to process word documents, spreadsheets and presentation files.
- Able to send emails and attach documents or link to web files.
- Able to take pictures or videos on smartphones and upload to the web.
- Year 10 or equivalent completed. Year 11 minimum if in school (note 18 + is recommended).
- Ability to participate in physical activity or work out a suitable plan with your mentor (if injured).
- Commercial gym membership and access to be able to complete your practicals and experience different group fitness classes.
- A mentor with at least a Certificate IV in Fitness and relevant experience (you may use multiple mentors if you like).
- If you believe that you may have learning difficulties with this course, please contact Fitness Institute first on 1300 434 863 and we can advise our support options including the VIP Support Pack.
- Free student insurance with AUSactive and requirement for USI.
VIP SUPPORT PACK
- Covers additional support for Cert III in Fitness
- 10 Scheduled 30 minute outbound calls with a Fitness Professional
- Extensive feedback on assessment items
- Video observation and feedback of practicals
- Students with limited access to industry support and guidance or who need help with assessments due to course Learning, Literacy and Numeracy requirements are recommended to add the VIP Support pack
- Only an additional $500
PROGRAM STAGES - SIS30321 – Certificate III in Fitness
FI 01 – Course Introduction and First Aid
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid (to be completed externally)
FI 02 – Work Health and Safety (Logbook and completion of First Aid)
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
- BSBWHS332X – Apply infection prevention and control procedures to own work environment
FI 03 – Working in the Industry (Logbook and video submissions)
- BSBPEF301 – Organise personal work priorities
- SIRXSLS001 – Sell to the retail customer
- BSBOPS304 – Deliver and monitor a service to customers
FI 04 – Anatomy and Physiology
- SISFFIT047 – Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
FI 05 – The Role of Gym Instructor
- SISFFIT032 – Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation
- SISFFIT033 – Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT052 – Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT040 – Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
- SISXDIS001 – Facilitate inclusion for people with a disability
FI 06 – The Role of Group Fitness Instructor
- SISFFIT035 – Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036 – Instruct group exercise sessions
World Class Experience
We pride ourselves in offering an exclusive world-class experience with a great support network
Full comprehensive courses designed by our team with decades of combined knowledge & experiance
Learn from experienced industry professionals so you can become the best health & fitness professional possible
VIEW INVESTMENT PLANS | STARTING FROM $69 PER WEEK
ENQUIRE NOW FOR YOUR FREE COURSE GUIDE INFO PACK
our certificate iii in fitness gives you the best career outcomes through a full comprehensive course.
BE INDUSTRY READY WITH up to date course CONTENT.
set your own pace & create your own flexible schedule whilst studying online.
learn from experienced industry professionals.
EMBRACE THE OPPORTUNITY | BOOST YOUR SKILLS | MAKE THE CHANGE