By enrolling in a course provided by Fitness Institute Pty Ltd ABN: 19 138 634 170; RTO: 32089, I agree I am legally bound by the following “Terms and Conditions of Enrolment”.
1. I confirm I have read and understood all the information in this document as well as the relevant student policy and procedures available from the Fitness Institute RTO Information page available at fitnessinstitute.com.au/fitness-institute-rto-information
2. I confirm all information supplied in connection with my enrolment, including Fitness Australia Student Insurance, Unique Student Identifier, Learning Management System, AVETMISS details and payment information is complete, true and correct.
3. I accept it is my responsibility to ensure personal information is kept current. Changes to my name, address, email address, phone numbers, payment options or banking details will be updated as soon as possible by contacting Student Support in writing.
4. I acknowledge I may be prevented from enrolling with Fitness Institute or have my enrolment cancelled if it is determined information provided is untrue, or I am otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions.
5. By enrolling in a course with Fitness Institute, I confirm I have read and understood the fees associated with the Course and agree to pay the required fees (plus GST if applicable) for either/or the agreed minimum term or full cost of the course.
6. I confirm that if I am under 18 years, a parent or guardian must consent, agree to the fee agreement and co-sign this document as well as be responsible for any default payments and other costs which may become payable.
7. I confirm that if I fail to pay any part of the course fees by the due date, Fitness Institute Pty Ltd reserves the right to:
7A Restrict access to the Online Learning Management System
7A Withhold marking of assessments and issuance of qualifications or statements of attainment for partial completion; and
7C Notify relevant Debt Collection Agency of any default.
8. I confirm that by paying the agreed course fee by instalments, I:
8A Have supplied a valid credit card or Australian bank account;
8B Agree with and will complete the Direct Debit Request Service Agreement;
8C Must pay all instalments on or before the due dates;
8D Will not cease Direct Debits at my nominated bank or change bank details without providing two (2) weeks notice
9. I understand Fitness Institute will reserve the right to initiate proceedings to recoup an outstanding balance in its entirety, including all associated fees.
10. I understand I will remain liable for unpaid instalments associated with this agreement even if completing the course early or withdrawing.
11. I understand I will not receive a qualification, statement of attainment or record of results until I have paid the course fee in full.
12. I understand that this course is non-refundable or transferable.
The Standards for Registered Training Organisations require a person to be informed of their right to a statutory cooling off period. A statutory cooling off period is defined within the Australian Consumer Law which was introduced in 2011. A statutory cooling off period (which is 10 days) is a period provided to a consumer to allow them to withdraw from a consumer agreement, where that agreement was established through unsolicited marketing or sales tactics. These include tactic such as door-to-door sales and telemarketing. A statutory cooling off period allows a consumer to withdraw from a sales agreement within 10 days of having received a sale contract without penalty. As Fitness Institute do not engage in unsolicited marketing or sales tactics, the 10 day cooling off period is not applicable to our students.
I understand that Fitness Institute offer a 48 hour cooling off period which commences from submitting this form online and agreeing to our Terms and Conditions online and the Payment Terms and Conditions. After this period, I understand a refund or ceasing of payments is only available in the instance Fitness Institute Pty Ltd are unable to provide a service. Examples of not providing a service include:
- Learning Management System never being made available (or alternative resources being made available).
- Face to Face courses being cancelled due to lack of enrolments.
I understand course administration and enrolment costs total $500.00 and that if I withdraw in the cooling off period, this fee will be non-refundable.
If I wish to apply for this refund, I may email email@example.com.
In accepting this agreement, I understand and agree to abide by the Fitness Institute Terms and Conditions of Enrolment.
I declare the information I have provided to Fitness Institute is to the best of my knowledge, true and correct.
I understand access to the learning materials will be provided following the receipt of:
- Payment clearing (May take 3-5 business days)
- Fitness Institute terms & conditions of enrolment acknowledgment (signatures required via DocuSign) and all enrolment requirements including AUSactive student insurance and USI registration being provided
- National and State Identification being provided
13. I understand the Fitness Institute offers extensive opportunities to ensure I am able to continue my studies via the Online Learning Management System and refunds, cancellations or ceasing of payments are not possible if I fail to complete the required course work in the time nominated. The onus is on me to complete ALL course work. If I require additional and ongoing support I can engage the services of a Fitness Institute Mentor via the VIP Support Pack option.
14. I understand that in the event of circumstances of financial difficulty I can apply to the Fitness Institute for an agreed payment adjustment, including any associated fees.
15. In the case of medical circumstances, I understand I will need to submit a request in writing and supply a medical certificate for a temporary suspension and/or a reasonable extension for a specific period of time.
16. I understand that if my study exceeds the nominated completion date I will have to pay to complete this course again.
17. The CPR and First Aid online course component must be completed before the practical sessions.
18. I agree upon receipt and acceptance of this agreement that it is prohibited to provide the training materials of any Fitness Institute Courses to any current or future third party organisations.
19. I understand course material or access to the Learning Management System will not be made accessible until:
19a. The enrolment (full student registration) has been completed and all contracts signed by all required parties.
19b. The first initial course payment or full payment has been received (please allow approximately 3 business days for this to be cleared).
19c. A Unique Student Identifier has been provided and verified.
19d. Fitness Institute Staff have processed the enrolment (please allow an additional 2 business days after the first payment has cleared for our staff to process the enrolment).
20. I understand that if I was referred to my course by a third party, that the third party is not obligated to assist with any aspect of my training, resource hire or mentoring.
21. I understand my personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and Learning Management System) may be used or disclosed by Fitness Institute for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Fitness Institute may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
• School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
• Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
• Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
• National Centre of Vocational Education Research (NCVER);
• Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to the National Centre of Vocational Education Research (NCVER) may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
• issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
• facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
• understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
• administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted. NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
23. I authorise my pictures taken by Fitness Institute Staff or submitted to Fitness Institute staff to be used on Fitness Institute Social Media Channels. If I am not in agreeance of this clause, I will advise in writing to the relevant staff.
24a. I understand undertaking face to face or online courses with Fitness Institute requires:
• A suitable laptop or desktop computer with ADSL or NBN internet (recommended 2x monitors with at least 1920 x 1080 screen resolution for the best experience).
• A Smart Phone (capable of taking pictures and video and uploading to the web).
• Microsoft Office 2013 or later (Word, Powerpoint and Excel)
– Note: free versions of Microsoft office such as OpenOffice.org or Apple Pages often cause formatting issues which will not be accepted
– There are free versions of Microsoft Office Online available if needed.
• Access to a printer and scanner to collate and send documents (in most cases, this will not be required for the first aid course)
24b. I understand there is a required level of Learning, Language and Numeracy (LLN) within the qualification or course I am undertaking and a LLN assessment is available.
LLN requirements include the ability to interpret research documents, prepare written reports, design and deliver a wide range of First aid and CPR services as well as merge and submit assessments electronically as per assessment submission guidelines. You also need to be physically capable of doing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Note, we can provide kneeling pads if required.
24c. I understand there is a level of professionalism required when communicating with Fitness Institute staff and my peers on the students and alumni Facebook page.
24d. I understand my course fees cover up to three (3) non-competent submissions online. After three non-competent submissions, an online staff member will contact to manually submit the correct answer. Further incorrect answers may result in a non-competent result or an extension fee required.
25. I understand that this course is non-transferable.