FIND A CERTIFIED MENTOR NEAR YOU
Learn the skills to be
THE BEST PERSONAL TRAINER POSSIBLE
SIS30321-Cert 3 in Fitness
SIS40221-Cert 4 in Fitness
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our new Certified Mentor Program, a groundbreaking initiative aimed at revolutionising the way students in Australia pursue their fitness education. In partnership with independent trainers and gyms across the country, our program is set to provide aspiring fitness professionals with unprecedented access to qualified mentors who will guide them on their journey to excellence. We understand that the fitness industry is not just about building physical strength; it’s about fostering knowledge, experience, and passion. Through this program, we are not only committed to nurturing the next generation of fitness leaders but also to promoting collaboration within the fitness community.
At the heart of our Certified Mentor Program is the belief that mentorship plays a pivotal role in shaping the future of fitness education. Our program bridges the gap between theoretical learning and practical application by connecting students with experienced mentors who can provide real-world insights, personalised guidance, and hands-on training. By partnering with trusted independent trainers and gyms, we aim to create a vast network of mentors who are not only certified experts but also passionate about helping students unlock their full potential. This collaborative effort will empower students to embark on their fitness careers with confidence, armed with the knowledge and skills they need to make a lasting impact in the industry. Together with our partners, we are excited to embark on this journey of mentorship, knowledge sharing, and excellence in fitness education across Australia.
NSW Certified MENTORS
Todd is a seasoned Industry Veteran and is well known as a former Professional Athlete as a footballer and dual scholarship holder at the AIS. He is a Level 3 AUSactive Registered Professional with over 20 years industry experience as a Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Trainer. He is the Technogym National Master Trainer and provides training to many hotel gyms and commercial gyms installing Technogym’s latest equipment. Todd is a Strength and Conditioning Coach and has maintained his Level 2 Credential since 2008 and Advanced Pilates Instructor since 2009. He holds additional certifications in Boxing for Fitness and Football Coaching. Todd coordinates the Sydney Personal Trainer Courses for Fitness Institute.
Recently a finalist in the AUSactive Educator of the Year, Amanda strives to be the best trainer possible by always seeking continual professional development. Holding a Diploma of Fitness, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment as well as additional credentials in Stick Fitness, Suspension Training, Aqua and Les Mills Group Fitness. Amanda is a Level 3 AUSactive Registered Professional with over 17 years industry experience and is part of the Sydney team for the Rushcutters Bay and Parramatta PT Courses.
NT Certified MENTORS
PETE (iFitness Darwin)
Peter holds a Cert III & IV in Fitness, Diploma in Fitness and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Peter is a Level 2 AUSactive Registered Professional. Peter holds additional certifications in Metafit, Boxing for Fitness, Business, Kettlebells, VIPR, Nutrition, Aqua Fitness, Children’s Fitness and Older Adults.
Claire holds a Cert III & IV in Fitness and is a Level 2 AUSactive Registered Professional. Peter holds additional certifications in Metafit, Boxing for Fitness, Children’s Fitness and Older Adults.
QLD Certified MENTORS
ERIK KERSHAW (Ipswich)
After completing his qualifications through Fitness Institute, Erik has successfully engaged in a sole trader business providing a range of fitness services. Through his business, ‘Fit Bodies, Resilient Minds’, Erik partners with local councils and businesses to provide group fitness sessions for residents and staff. He delivers youth fitness programs through local fitness facilities and has partnered with a swim coach to provide fitness training for a competitive youth swim team. Erik also has a number of private PT clients where he provides gym programming, fitness appraisals and nutrition guideline services.
With a solid foundation in the Fitness Institute course material and a proven record of turning qualifications into a successful business, Erik is prepared to assist you in completing your fitness qualification and starting your journey towards a rewarding career in the fitness industry.
After completing his Certificate III and IV in Fitness through the Fitness Institute Face to Face course, Nick is now running his own business ‘Rise Up PT’ and doing the things he loves on a daily bases.
“It’s not just about becoming a PT, it’s about becoming an educated PT”
WA Certified MENTORS
DYLAN YOUNG (Perth)
GIORGIA ANDREOU (Perth)
Completed Certificates III and IV in Fitness with Fitness Institute with a goal of inspiring others with their fitness and improving their lifestyle.
Achieving the goal of starting work in the fitness industry with Jetts is definitely worthy of celebration, but this is not Giorgia’s only achievement of note…On her fitness journey, Giorgia has lost 40 kgs!
VIC CERTIFIED MENTORS
PAUL EDLARIN (Goodlife, Taylor’s Lake, Melbourne, VIC)
Paul holds a Certificate III & IV in Fitness and is a Level 3 AUSactive Registered Professional. Paul holds additional certifications in Zuu, Business, Children and Older Adult Training.
LOCHIE CURRAN (Goodlife, South Melbourne, VIC)
Lochie holds a Certificate III & IV in Fitness and a Diploma of Fitness. Lochie holds additional certifications in boxing, circuit training and suspension training.
TAS CERTIFIED MENTORS
ACT CERTIFIED MENTORS
SA CERTIFIED MENTORS
Looking for the correct PT certification that will allow you to work in a gym or the health & fitness industry as a fitness professional? Our online personal training course with extra face to face mentor support in Parramatta has been developed to educate those passionate about health & fitness using state of the art equipment, to be leading fitness professionals in the industry.
One of the most common questions we get asked is, “how do I become a personal trainer?” or “which fitness certification is best for me?”
Start your fitness career the right way with our complete personal trainer course including SIS30321 Cert 3 in Fitness & SIS40221 Cert 4 in Fitness, these 2 courses will give you all the required tools and understanding to become the best PT possible.
If you are passionate about fitness and want to get qualified as a personal trainer, our on campus Course will immerse and educate our students, not only into a full health & wellness experience to discover and learn how to fully use the best products, technologies & services for physical exercise, but also support from trainers and assessors that will be devoted to building you up to being the best PT possible and have a clear edge when starting your career in the fitness industry.
At Fitness Institute we believe in making sure all our courses are in depth and ensure that our students gain the most from them, we make sure to include Nutrition for PT’s, Strength & Conditioning, Success in Business & Group Fitness to ensure that our students are the most complete PTs in the industry.
We have specifically designed our courses to give our students the best learning environment possible and to make sure you come out the other end as a confident and reputable fitness professional.
Completing the SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness is your first stepping stone towards a career in the fitness industry. It is perfect if you are looking to become employed or start working as:
- Qualified as a Group Exercise Instructor and Fitness Instructor
- Working in a gym, health club or leisure centre
- Delivering exercise classes to a mix of fitness levels and different age groups
- Providing pre-screens, performing fitness appraisals and developing resistance programs for clients
- Learn about the Fitness Industry, how to maintain a gym & customer service
- Providing quality customer service and supervision
- Provide healthy eating guidelines
- Create a professional risk management and infection control process
- Sharpen your sales and service skills
- Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise programs
- Facilitate an inclusion program for people with disability
- Build your very own career development plan
Completing the SIS40221 Certificate IV combined with the Certificate III in Fitness you will be able to graduate as a fully reputable fitness professional:
- Graduate as a fully qualified Personal Trainer
- Integrate exercise science principles into fitness instruction
- Support and motivate clients with behavourial change insights
- Develop exercise programs and healthy eating guidelines for body composition goals
- Develop and evaluate functional, effective, safe and personalised training programs for individuals and groups
- Become an effective communicator and collaborator and developing a strong professional network
- Learn how effectively to work with medical and allied health professionals
- Deliver fitness classes to special populations and teenagers
- Develop the skills to setup a business or contract in the Sport, Fitness and Recreation Industry
- Create effective business and marketing plans
- Implement innovative long term, strength & conditioning programs for recreational and professional sporting goals
- Deliver exercise services in fitness facilities, gyms, leisure, recreation and community centres, client workplaces and homes, as well as outdoor locations.
- Hone e-skills to deliver online training services and communications
- Consider roles in team leadership, supervision, coordination and management
- Mentor, support and guide students, graduates and colleagues with development of fitness industry skills
- Integrate a progressed knowledge of anatomy, physiology and exercise programming into an evidenced based practice
- Employ specialised skills to work confidently and independently
How the mentoring package works:
- Confirm the mentor and gym that suits your location
- Sign up to our Approved Mentor Program and enrol in our Online PT Course
- Coordinate times with your mentor to complete the practical components of the PT Course
- Complete online aspects of the course in your own time.
- A small level of familiarity with gyms.
- Desktop or laptop computer (2 screens recommended for study, but not required).
- Computer literacy
- Able to process word documents, spreadsheets and presentation files.
- Able to send emails and attach documents or link to web files.
- Able to take pictures or videos on smartphones and upload to the web.
- Year 10 or equivalent completed. Year 11 minimum if in school (note 18 + is recommended).
- Ability to participate in physical activity or work out a suitable plan with your mentor (if injured).
- Commercial gym membership and access to be able to complete your practicals and experience different group fitness classes.
- If you believe that you may have learning difficulties with this course, please contact Fitenss Institute first on 1300 434 863 and we can advise our support options including the VIP Support Pack.
- FREE student insurance with AUSactive and requirement for USI.
PROGRAM STAGES - SIS30321 – Certificate III in Fitness
FI 01 – Course Introduction and First Aid
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid (to be completed externally)
FI 02 – Work Health and Safety (Logbook and completion of First Aid)
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
- BSBWHS332X – Apply infection prevention and control procedures to own work environment
FI 03 – Working in the Industry (Logbook and video submissions)
- BSBPEF301 – Organise personal work priorities
- SIRXSLS001 – Sell to the retail customer
- BSBOPS304 – Deliver and monitor a service to customers
FI 04 – Anatomy and Physiology
- SISFFIT047 – Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
FI 05 – The Role of Gym Instructor
- SISFFIT032 – Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation
- SISFFIT033 – Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT052 – Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT040 – Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
- SISXDIS001 – Facilitate inclusion for people with a disability
FI 06 – The Role of Group Fitness Instructor
- SISFFIT035 – Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036 – Instruct group exercise sessions
PROGRAM STAGES - SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness
PT 01 – PT for Specific Populations
- SISFFIT049 – Use exercise science principles in fitness instruction
- SISFFIT050 – Support exercise behaviour change
- SISFFIT051 – Establish and maintain professional practice for fitness instruction
- CHCCOM006 – Establish and manage client relationships
- SISFFIT045 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for adolescent clients
- SISFFIT044 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for older clients
PT 02 – PT for Body Composition Goals
- SISFFIT041 – Develop personalised exercise programs
- SISFFIT042 – Instruct personalised exercise sessions
- SISFFIT043 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT053 – Support healthy eating for individual fitness clients
PT 03 – PT for Sport, Strength and Conditioning goals
- BSBSLS408 – Present, Secure and support sales solutions
- BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
PT 04 – Fitness Business Success
- BSBESB401 – Research and develop business plans
- BSBESB402 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures
- BSBESB404 – Market new business ventures
World Class Experience
PERSONAL TRAINER COURSE
VIEW INVESTMENT PLANS
ENQUIRE NOW FOR YOUR FREE COURSE GUIDE INFO PACK
get the best career outcomes with a dual course.
BE INDUSTRY READY WITH up to date course CONTENT.
support from world class certified mentors.
learn from experienced industry professionals.
EMBRACE THE OPPORTUNITY | BOOST YOUR SKILLS | MAKE THE CHANGE