This course will be run on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30 – 8:30 (some nights till 9pm) and Saturdays from 9am – 1pm (some weekends till 2:30pm) over 20 weeks. There will be a 1 week break in the middle of the course after week 9. The break will be from Sat 31st of March (Easter Sat) to Wed 4th April (recommence Sat 7th April). The last course day will be Saturday 16th of June, 2018.
Note that some weekends will include additional hours in order to help to complete some work placement hours and additional lectures. Examples depend on the time of year and may include Strength and Conditioning sessions at Strand CrossFit, Townsville Running Festival, Townsville Hospital Teams Event Fundraiser, Boxing Fit For Life Course)
You might want to check as well if you are eligible for the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee. This is a great opportunity, especially for recent school graduates, or those who have not completed a Certificate III or higher qualification.
Here are some pictures from our previous Fitness Institute courses from 2013-2017.
Fitness Institute is proud to be 100% Owned and Operated in the Sunny ‘Ville!
Our RTO Headquarters is based at Strand Fitness North Ward. RTO 32089.
1. Create your USI and inform us of your USI.
2. Register for Free Student Insurance with Fitness Australia and notify us of this number.
3. Select your payment plan (see this page for full terms and conditions). Be sure to ask if you are eligible for any discounts or grants first.
- Cert III & IV in Fitness Combo Pack (includes boxing course!)
- Current discount – EARLYBIRD special. $6,290 down to $4,790. Save $1,500!! Introduction Offer ends soon!
- Cert IV only (Bonus Group Fitness module if not yet complete. Includes boxing course).
- Current discount: $4,290 down to $3,290. Save $1000!
- Call us first. Must have a SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness (the new Fitness Package) or complete RPL by application.
- Option 1 – $290 First Payment + $150wk x 20 weeks.
4. Register for our Learning Management System.
Please note that you will need to provide your own boxing gloves, pads and wrist wraps for the boxing course.
Coach David Bridgman from Melbourne will be launching his new program exclusively for the Fitness Institute Students in Townsville.
All students who sign up to the PT course (after 3 May, 2017) will receive an included boxing course.
Note: Students will need to provide their own boxing gloves, focus pads and wrist wraps.
Beginners – Intermediate Boxing Course
Date and Time: Saturday October 7th OR Sunday, October 8th, 2017 – 9am -5pm (8 hours).
Location – Strand CrossFit
Receive – 8 Fitness Australia C.E.C’s per person.
- How to catch punches like a true professional on the focus pads.
- Learn the basic fundamentals of boxing (punching, footwork, slipping, ducking & weaving).
- Learn how to identify and correct the basic mistakes clients make with boxing.
- Learn how to run a safe and exhilarating training session on the pads.
- Be insured to box with your client.
- Stand out from the crowd after completion of this workshop…
Check out Fighting Fit For Life Videos on YouTube or below!