TOWNSVILLE PERSONAL TRAINING COURSE
NEXT TOWNSVILLE FACE TO FACE PT COURSE:
Wed / Sat Course – 18 weeks
Commencing Wed 31st Jan ’24) 5:30 – 8:30pm
Wed nights, 9am – 1:30pm/2pm Saturdays
Commencing Tues 30th Jan ’24) – 9:30am – 2:30pm
Learn the skills to be
THE BEST PERSONAL TRAINER POSSIBLE
SIS30321-Cert 3 in Fitness
SIS40221-Cert 4 in Fitness
18 Weeks &
Since 2009, Fitness Institute has coached, inspired and empowered trainers Australia Wide!
This Personal Training Course on site in Townsville puts the student into the forefront of this face to face, hands on course with practical, industry relevant education. Delving right into hands on experience in what it means to be a PT, with modern equipment and teachers that understand what it takes. This unparalleled course is designed to give students the best foot first into the industry, learning from instructors with decades of experience.
Our team is In the Industry – for the Industry. All staff at Fitness Institute have experience in the Sport, Wellness, Fitness and Recreation Industry. Even the Directors and Management Team are fully qualified Coaches and Trainers.
We have specifically designed our courses to give our students the best learning environment possible and to make sure you come out the other end as a confident and reputable fitness professional.
Completing the SIS30321 – Certificate III in Fitness is your first stepping stone towards a career in the fitness industry. It is perfect if you are looking to become employed or start working as:
- Graduate as a Group Exercise Instructor & Gym Instructor
- Personal Trainer in a gym, health club or leisure centre
- Provide pre-screens & develop resistance programs to clients
- Learn about the Fitness Industry, how to maintain a gym & customer service
Completing the SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness combined with the Certificate III in Fitness you will be able to graduate as a fully reputable fitness professional:
- Graduate as a Personal Trainer
- Develop the skills to set up your own business in the Fitness Industry
- Deliver fitness classes to special populations and teenagers
- Strength & Conditioning programming & coaching
Join our Face to Face on campus Certificate III in Fitness and Certificate IV in Fitness at Fitness Institute’s Headquarters located in the Townsville Health Hub.
Practical Placements utilising the resources of:
Those who have not completed a Certificate III or higher qualification may be eligible for the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee!
Change your life and the lives of others – call 4771 2791 and speak with our FI Team members.
Fitness Institute is 100% owned and operated in the Sunny ‘Ville’ and we’re proud of it!
There are no official entry requirements to the Certificate III in Fitness, however Fitness Institute will require the following for our course:
- A small level of familiarity with gyms.
- Desktop or laptop computer (2 screens recommended for study, but not required).
- Computer literacy
- Able to process word documents, spreadsheets and presentation files.
- Able to send emails and attach documents or link to web files.
- Able to take pictures or videos on smartphones and upload to the web.
- Year 10 or equivalent completed. Year 11 minimum if in school (note 18 + is recommended).
- Ability to participate in physical activity or work out a suitable plan with your mentor (if injured).
- Commercial gym membership and access to be able to complete your practicals and experience different group fitness classes.
- If you believe that you may have learning difficulties with this course, please contact Fitenss Institute first on 1300 434 863 and we can advise our support options including the VIP Support Pack.
- There will be a $25 student insurance fee with AUSactive and requirement for USI.
PROGRAM STAGES - SIS30321 – Certificate III in Fitness
FI 01 – Course Introduction and First Aid
- HLTAID011* – Provide First Aid (to be completed externally)
FI 02 – Work Health and Safety (Logbook and completion of First Aid)
- HLTWHS001* – Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
- BSBWHS332X – Apply infection prevention and control procedures to own work environment
FI 03 – Working in the Industry (Logbook and video submissions)
- BSBPEF301 – Organise personal work priorities
- SIRXSLS001 – Sell to the retail customer
- BSBOPS304 – Deliver and monitor a service to customers
FI 04 – Anatomy and Physiology
- SISFFIT047* – Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
FI 05 – The Role of Gym Instructor
- SISFFIT032* – Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation
- SISFFIT033* – Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT052* – Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT040* – Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
- SISXDIS001 – Facilitate inclusion for people with a disability
FI 06 – The Role of Group Fitness Instructor
- SISFFIT035* – Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036* – Instruct group exercise sessions
PROGRAM STAGES - SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness
PT 01 – PT for Specific Populations
- SISFFIT049 – Use exercise science principles in fitness instruction
- SISFFIT050 – Support exercise behaviour change
- SISFFIT051 – Establish and maintain professional practice for fitness instruction
- CHCCOM006 – Establish and manage client relationships
- SISFFIT045 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for adolescent clients
- SISFFIT044 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for older clients
PT 02 – PT for Body Composition Goals
- SISFFIT041 – Develop personalised exercise programs
- SISFFIT042 – Instruct personalised exercise sessions
- SISFFIT043 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT053 – Support healthy eating for individual fitness clients
PT 03 – PT for Sport, Strength and Conditioning goals
- BSBSLS408 – Present, Secure and support sales solutions
- BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
PT 04 – Fitness Business Success
- BSBESB401 – Research and develop business plans
- BSBESB402 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures
- BSBESB404 – Market new business ventures
World Class Experience
We pride ourselves in offering an exclusive world-class experience with a great support network
Full comprehensive courses designed by our team with decades of combined knowledge & experience
Learn from experienced industry professionals so you can become the best health & fitness professional possible
VIEW INVESTMENT PLANS | STARTING FROM $99 PER WEEK
ENQUIRE NOW FOR YOUR FREE COURSE GUIDE INFO PACK
get the best career outcomes with a dual course.
BE INDUSTRY READY WITH up to date course CONTENT.
hands on world class experience.
learn from experienced industry professionals.
EMBRACE THE OPPORTUNITY | BOOST YOUR SKILLS | MAKE THE CHANGE
TOWNSVILLE PERSONAL TRAINER COURSE
18 WEEK COURSE
Commencing Wednesday 31st January ’24
Wed / Sat Course
Wednesday nights: 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Saturdays: 9am – 1:30pm/2.00pm
29 WEEK COURSE
Commencing Tuesday 30th January, ’24
Tuesdays: 9:30am – 2:30pm
Terms 1,2,3 QLD School Term Dates
Group VIP Tutoring sessions Available Monday Nights 5:30pm – 7.00pm *
Click here for VIP Support Pack details (*T&Cs and min numbers apply)
First Aid Course Opportunities Available
Approx 5 hrs Online Study + 3 hour course (Date TBA)