We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a course enquiry, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
- With Infusionsoft marketing software (which you can unsubscribe from)
- With Fix your Funnel SMS Software (which you can opt out from)
- With Chat Metrics or Zopim Chat
- With Financial Systems (currently FFA PaySmart that has SSL technology)
- With our Learning / Training Management System – Axcelerate that also has SSL technology.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems. We are also required to keep all information confidential and all sensitive/credit information supplied is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We have implemented a variety of security measures when an order is placed to maintain the safety of your personal information and all transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice to outside parties. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to enquiries and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
With our emails, we will aim to:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
- Qualifications are not issued until full payment has been received for the course.
- PaySmart Charges apply for all payment plans – $1.95 per payment PaySmart Admin Fee and once off $11.00 setup fee.
Payment, Refund and Completion Policy
We will allow a refund or cease payments only in the instance that we (as Fitness Institute Pty Ltd) cannot or have not provided a service as stated in our terms and conditions.
Examples of this could be:
- Online Learning Management System (LMS) unavailable for a long period of time (e.g. weeks at a time) without tutors providing alternative means to reading, lecture and assessment materials
- Lecturers for a Face to Face course not turning up to instruct classes during allotted times (e.g. 5:30 – 9:30pm Mondays and Wednesdays, Saturdays 10am – 5pm)
Refunds are not issued if students choose not to complete coursework, do not attend class or find themselves too busy to complete the course.
Students must make every attempt to come to class to learn and participate in the practicals and make use of the Learning Management System as backup and support to learning.
Contracts cannot be cancelled and students who become financially unable to continue payments can apply to have payments adjusted and service charges may apply. In severe medical cases, a request can be made to hold or reduce payments or a reasonable extension duration can be negotiated.
The cooling off period after the contract has been agreed to (signed electronically or by hand) is 10 business days.
Students taking longer than the agreed amount of time are required to pay an additional $100 per program stage (module) extension fee to cover costs associated with re-enrolment, marking and administration. Extensions can be purchased from the extensions page.
Certificates will not be issued until full payment has been made to the Fitness Institute, all assessments are marked competent and all work placement hours are completed. In the case of the “Combo” course (Certificate III and IV in Fitness), a student may request their Certificate III on completion of all module assessments, work placement hours and payment of at least half the total amount of the contract.
More information can be found at ACCC with regards to contracts.
Other Costs for Personal Trainer Courses
- First Aid and CPR Course (approx $110 – $150 depending on training provider)
- Suitable Laptop or Desktop computer with ADSL or NBN internet and Microsoft Office (Word, powerpoint, excel)
- Note that free versions of Microsoft office such as OpenOffice.org often cause formatting issues
- Gym membership or casual visits
- Skin Fold Callipers (approx cost $17)
- Blood Pressure Machine (approx cost $35 for a wrist BP machine or $60 for an arm BP machine)
- Tape Measure (approx cost $2)
- Recommended Software
- Recommended Books (additional to the Fitness Institute learner guide)
Fitness Institute Headquarters
Levels 2-3, 719 Flinders Street
Townsville, QLD, 4810
Ph: (07) 4771 2791
Last Edited 04/10/19