Learn how to deliver fitness and movement programs to children and adolescents…
On completion, Personal Trainers will become a qualified Children’s (aged 5-12) and Teenage (aged 13-17) trainer and existing trainers can register with a Fitness organization like Fitness Australia. Completing this skillset also offers CEC’s for those registered with Fitness Australia (5 CEC’s per unit of competency from a SIS30315 or SIS40215 Fitness qualification) Learn more HERE.
Fitness Institute’s courses are supported with a wide range of detailed learning materials. Full video sessions detailing how to design movement programs and train children with games and activities are also provided and these can be replicated for assessments.
A sport, fitness, recreation facility and a mentor are required for this course. Access to an established kids and teens program is ideal, but if this is not possible, scenario-based training situations can be organised with adults.
Short Course Combines 5 Units of Competency
- SISFFIT012 – Instruct movement programs to children aged 5 – 12
- SISFFIT013 – Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 – 17 years
- SISFFIT016 – Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT019 – Incorporate exercise Science Principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT023 – Instruct group personal training programs
Requirements for enrolment
- Students will be required to gain the necessary working with children checks for their state before undertaking this course
- Completion of a Certificate III in Fitness (or higher)
- Proof of pre-requisites must be submitted to Fitness Institute prior to commencing study