STRENGTH & CONDITIONING
Learn the skills to be
THE BEST PT POSSIBLE
Up To 3 Months
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Boost your Training & IT Skills with industry-recognised training!
Fitness Institute’s new Strength and Conditioning short course, combines two recently reviewed and updated units of competency with how to select technology for sport, fitness and recreation, to equip Trainers with a toolbox of cutting-edge programming knowledge and skills around strength and conditioning drills, exercises and activities!
Developed in consultation with industry experts, this powerful cluster of units from the national training package provides the confidence and know-how needed to develop, deliver and evaluate strength and conditioning programs as well as use technology and skills in the analysis of client training techniques!
Take home industry-ready skills you will learn with this course are:
- Using new technologies specific to the sport, recreation and fitness industry
- Effective use of social media, visual and software applications
- How to develop and instruct effective strength & conditioning programs
- Performing and programming power exercises like Push Press and Power Cleans
- Harnessing the power of PNF and plyometric techniques
- Programming and individualising exercises to meet the needs of clients with sports-related goals
- Next level training and appraisal methods including those for sports-specific, power, agility and speed
- Analysing training diaries and periodisation in training
- Functional training techniques and functional movement screens
- New and innovative exercises, techniques, activities, games and training drills
- Program plans for individuals and teams
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills
- Motivational strategies, methods of reflection and giving constructive feedback
Also: If you are a Fitness Australia member – you’ll earn 15 CEC’s (5 for each unit of competency) on completion of this course. Learn more HERE.
Skills you will learn with this course are:
- Instruct strength & conditioning techniques
- Coach & mentor a strength & conditioning program with an athlete
- Develop exercise & drill programs to assess athletes
- Planning & implementing strength & conditioning plan for an individual or group
- Techniques to provide appropriate motivational feedback to athletes
- Instruction & adjustment of appropriate exercises to meet the needs of athletes major body systems, bones, joints muscles & their function
- Drills, activities & games to teach the techniques of strength & conditioning
- Physiological, psychological & biomechanical changes that occur with strength & conditioning training to provide planning & instruction of sessions & response to athlete difficulties during the class
You’ll need access to a gym and a mentor who is a qualified Personal Trainer with Strength and Conditioning experience.
Ideally, your coach will have powerlifting (Bench, Squat, Deadlift) and weightlifting (Clean and Jerk and Snatch) experience.
A JP Certified copy of your Certificate III in Fitness or Statement of Attainment is to be submitted upon enrolment.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- SISXCAI009 – Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISXCAI010 – Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXICT001 – Select and use technology for sport, fitness and recreation
- Course Pre-Requisites: Certificate III in Fitness