STRENGTH & CONDITIONING
Learn the skills to be
THE BEST STRENGTH COACH POSSIBLE
Up To 3 Months
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Boost your Strength and Conditioning Training & IT Skills with industry-recognised training!
Fitness Institute’s Strength and Conditioning short course combines units of competency designed to equip Trainers with how to use the latest technology in the sport, fitness and recreation industry and equip Trainers with a toolbox of cutting-edge programming knowledge and skills around strength and conditioning drills, exercises, and activities!
Developed in consultation with industry experts, this powerful cluster of units from the national training package provides the confidence and know-how needed to develop, deliver, and evaluate long term strength and conditioning programs as well as use innovative technology in planning and analysing a client’s training.
Take home industry-ready skills you will learn with this course are:
- Using new technologies specific to the sport, recreation and fitness industry
- Effective use of social media, visual and software applications
- How to develop and instruct effective strength and conditioning programs
- Performing and programming power exercises like Push Press and Power Cleans
- Harnessing the power of PNF and plyometric techniques
- Programming and individualising exercises to meet the needs of clients with sports-related goals
- Next level training and appraisal methods including those for sports-specific, power, agility and speed
- Analysing training diaries and periodisation in training
- Functional training techniques and functional movement screens
- New and innovative exercises, techniques, activities, games and training drills
- Program plans for individuals and teams
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills
- Motivational strategies, methods of reflection and giving constructive feedback
Also: If you are an AUSactive member you’ll earn 5 CEC’s for each unit of competency on completion of this course.
This short course is designed for Personal Trainers and Coaches who work in fitness and sport environments.
Industry skills you will learn throughout this course include:
- Developing and instructing strength and conditioning techniques
- Coaching and mentoring athletes and clients with sport-related goals
- Developing functional, technical, agility and speed drills to assess performance and fitness abilities
- Planning long term S&C training plans for individuals and teams
- Learning about sport psychology methods
- Adapting exercises for individual fitness and sporting goals
- Developing drills, activities and games to teach strength and conditioning techniques
- Learning about aerobic and anaerobic endurance, core stability, mobility, and flexibility
- Understanding how to program for speed, agility, strength, elastic energy and power
- Refining your core lifting technique and how to implement Olympic lifting into programs
- Learning a variety of plyometric, proprioception and neuromuscular coordination movements
- How to integrate pool-based training and use hand grips, breathing, ROM, speed, and spotting techniques in the right way
- Develop an understanding soft tissue injuries and rehabilitation techniques
- Learning innovative instructional and communication skills as well as specific requirements for competition performance, pre-adolescents, mature aged, disability, reconditioning and rehabilitation
- Understanding physical, psychological, tactical, technical and leadership skills profiles
- Program objectives like tapering, peaking, maintenance competition and performance
- Career phases, rehabilitation, and reconditioning
- Resource requirements, self-reflection techniques and fixed points
- The principles of periodisation e.g., macro-cycles, micro-cycles, meso-cycles
Learners will need access to a facility where it is possible to do core lifts and a mentor who is a qualified Personal Trainer with Strength and Conditioning experience with powerlifting (Bench, Squat, Deadlift) and weightlifting (Clean and Jerk and Snatch) experience.
Course Prerequisites: A minimum of the Certificate III in Fitness is required to enrol.
A JP Certified copy of your Certificate III in Fitness or Statement of Attainment is to be submitted upon enrolment.
AUSactive are now offering free Student Insurance and requirement for USI.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- SISXCAI009 – Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISXCAI010 – Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXIND012- Select and use technology for sport, fitness and recreation work
- Course Pre-Requisites: Certificate III in Fitness
VIEW INVESTMENT PLANS | STARTING FROM $50 PER WEEK
ENQUIRE NOW FOR YOUR FREE COURSE GUIDE INFO PACK