Fitness Institute offer the SISSS00113 – Group Exercise Leader (GEL) skillset online.
Combining the 4 units offered by Fitness Institute with an external training provider certification (e.g. MOSSA, Les Mills or Zumba) enables you to become a Registered Group Exercise Leader with organisations like peak fitness body, Fitness Australia.
If you just want to become a Group Exercise Leader delivering pre-choreographed classes that are designed for you and don’t want to become a Gym Instructor as well, this is a good course for you to do. If you want to design your own fitness classes or become a Personal Trainer in the near future, you should consider the Certificate III & IV in Fitness PT Course.
Note that for insurance purposes, you are still required to do CPR and First Aid externally before registering as a Group Exercise Leader.
Work Placement required:
11 hours total:
- 3 hours customer service
- 5 hours participation in pre-choreographed classes taught by another instructor
- 3 hours teaching pre-choreographed classes
See below to get started or receive more information!
An example of a pre-choreographed group fitness class would be Mossa’s Group Power class.
Enrolment Steps (You can call us on 1300 434 863 for support if needed):
1. Select your payment plan.
GEL Course (Special
$690 down to $540 contract. 5 months to complete)
2. Create or confirm your USI and inform us of your USI in step 4.
3. Register for Free Student Insurance with Fitness Australia and notify us of this number in step 4.
4. Register for our Learning Management System. (No need to enrol in any courses. We can help with this later)
If you would like a free info pack, just select Certificate III in Fitness in the form below. This contains info on the GEL course.
Testimonial from Fitness Institute GEL Graduate and Zumba Instructor Minie Minarelli
See below how staff member, Leanne Jurgens used the GEL skillset to start her career in Fitness!