GROUP EXERCISE LEADER
Learn the skills to be
THE BEST PT POSSIBLE
An exclusive world-class experience offering the opportunity to become a Registered Group Exercise Leader on completion
Full unobstructed course access so you can set your own flexible schedule with no down time upon submissions
Course combines with recognised pre-choreographed training such as Mossa, Les Mills, Radical or Zumba
Since 2009, Fitness Institute has coached, inspired and empowered trainers Australia Wide!
Our team is In the Industry – for the Industry. All staff at Fitness Institute have experience in the Sport, Wellness, Fitness and Recreation Industry. Even the Directors and Management Team are fully qualified Coaches and Trainers.
We have specifically designed our courses to give our students the best learning environment possible and to make sure you come out the other end as a confident and reputable fitness professional.
Fitness Institute offer the SISSS00113 – Group Exercise Leader Online. This skillset course qualifies students to deliver pre-choreographed group fitness classes or a prescribed community fitness program. This course is perfect for people wanting to teach classes offered by the likes of Les Mills, Mossa, Zumba or Radical.
- Be at leaest 16 years of age
- Familiarity with the group fitness class you intend on teaching.
- Access to a mentor who has at least a GEL or Certificate III in Fitness qualification plus the required pre-choreographed certification you intend on doing:
- Les Mills
- Completing your First Aid Course (before registering or working as a GEL instructor).
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT009 – Deliver pre-choreographed or prescribed community fitness
- SISFFIT010 – Deliver pre-choreographed or prescribed group exercise to music
- SISXCCS001 – Provide Quality Service
Note: HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid are both highly recommended to complete before registering as a Group Exercise Leader (required externally)
- Completion of a pre-choreographed course through an external provider such as:
- Les Mills
- Additional Work Placement
- 3 hours customer service
- 5 hours participation in pre-choreographed classes taught by another instructor.
- 3 hours teaching pre-choreographed classes
I couldn't recommend them more!
Excellent customer service; from Sarah, to Jaimee, to Kristine, the team members have been supportive, friendly, consistent and professional in every step of my journey with Fitness Institute.
Consider that I had a terrible urgency in getting my GEL qualification, and I admit - I bothered them MANY times.
Did they react nervously or lose their patience? No!
They've been amazing all the time, super-patient, super-helpful.
I have experience in teaching customer service, and let me tell you: EXCELLENT JOB!
(this was the first time I heard about them, it's not a fake review! 😉 )Minie Minarelli09/06/17
can i run freestyle classes?
If you want to run freestyle classes, you will need to complete at minimum the Certificate III in Fitness.
If you do want to design your own fitness classes and obtain a greater knowledge of anatomy, physiology, group instruction and exercise prescription in the near future, you should consider the Certificate III & IV in Fitness which is a pathway to becoming a qualified Gym Supervisor and Personal Trainer.
Read more about the differences between Group Exercise Leader and Group Exercise Instructor Qualification HERE.
hOW QUICKLY CAN I COMPLETE THIS COURSE?
- Completion of the external certification (some require more work than others).
- Completion of all learning and coursework.
- Completion of all work placement (11 hours)
A good guide would be to allow at least 3 weeks to complete all work.
All students will have 5 months to complete this course.
If the course is not completed withing 5 months, students can purchase an extension for one program stage.