Fitness Institute’s “Kids Fit” short course, equips fitness professionals with the knowledge, skills and confidence when planning and instructing exercise programs for young people aged five to seventeen years…
Did you know that the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) reported that in 2017–18, 1 in 4 (25%) Australian children and adolescents aged 2–17 were overweight or obese and 1 in 12 (8.2%) were obese….. and the Australian Department of Health has advised us that: “Too many Australians are not active enough.”?
- 2 in 3 (70%) children aged 2 to 17 do not meet the physical activity guidelines guidelines
- only 2% of teenagers aged 13 to 17 meet the physical activity guidelines guidelines
And an Ausplay study found only 1 in 6 kids exercised outside of school in 2020.
Physical inactivity is a risk factor for overweight and obesity in children and young adults that exercise professionals can directly influence…
With the disruptions to scheduled sport and children’s activities over the past 18 months, fitness professionals are performing an important role in supporting and inspiring children and young people to adopt healthy lifestyles in the fitness, leisure, and recreation industry as well as in their communities.
Students enrolling in Fitness Institute’s “Kids Fit” short course have an opportunity to complete five industry recognised units and credit transfer is available for any that have already been achieved:
- SISFFIT012 – Instruct movement programs to children aged 5 – 12
- SISFFIT013 – Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 – 17 years
- SISFFIT016 – Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT019 – Incorporate exercise Science Principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT023 – Instruct group personal training programs
Fitness Instructors can also earn education credits with organisations like Fitness Australia who recognise each unit at 5 CEC’s each. Learn more HERE.