There’s never been a better time to consider a full or part time career in the Sports, Fitness and Recreation Industry. We’re seeing lots of information lately about the “exponential growth” of the fitness sector due to an overall increase in health consciousness and need to move in our communities.
Figures provided by Fitness Australia show the amount of people employed in teaching roles in the fitness industry has more than doubled since 2006 and the Australian Industry & Skills Committee projects a continuation of this upward trend with current employment levels of Fitness Instructors doubling again by 2023!
This translates to increased opportunities to learn, evolve and gather new skills as well as an increased need for education and training in a broad range of fitness service occupations like:
- Gym and Group Instructors
- Personal Trainers
- Aqua and Specialised Trainers
The AISC report paints a very positive picture for the Australian Fitness Industry, crediting this strong industry growth to:
- Emerging budget 24-hour gym chains
- The growth of affordable and accessible franchises
- Rising health consciousness
- Health risks in becoming overweight or obese
- Increasing products and services provided in the gym and fitness sector
- Personalised service and consumer choice
- Higher demand for Personal Training
- Growing interest in weight loss programs and fitness regimes
Obtaining a Certificate III and IV in Fitness or Diploma of Fitness opens the door to a wide range exciting career options.
Become a Personal Trainer tailoring Fitness & Eat for Health programs to improve a person’s quality of life, a Group Trainer motivating others to move in the great outdoors, an instructor helping Kids & Teens keep active, a vital support for the well-being of older adults, a Health Club Supervisor, Co-ordinator, Group Fitness Instructor, Member Services, Customer Service consultant and lots, lots more!
Make the Change to a career in an industry going from strength to strength!