The lunge is a great exercise for the lower body while having to stabilize the upper body for the correct posture.
Start standing up nice and tall and then begin with one foot going forward.
Examples of progression
- Walking overhead barbell lunges
- Walking front racked barbell lunges
- Walking weighted dumbbell lunges
Examples of regression
- Knee just above the ground on the lunge
- Knee to quarter squat depth.
- Using a band above head wrapped underneath armpits to support weight coming up.
Remember to seek the advice of your fitness trainer, medical and/or allied health professionals, if you are new to exercise or have an injury or medical condition to consider.
See more Gym Exercises HERE
See more Strength Exercises HERE
See more on our Fitness and Wellness courses HERE.