PERSONAL TRAINER COURSE
NSW MENTORING TEAM PACKAGES AVAILABLE
Learn the skills to be
THE BEST PT POSSIBLE
SIS30321-Cert 3 in Fitness
SIS40221-Cert 4 in Fitness
Since 2009, Fitness Institute has coached, inspired and empowered trainers Australia Wide!
Looking for the correct PT certification that will allow you to work in a gym or the health & fitness industry as a fitness professional? Our online personal training course with extra face to face mentor support in Parramatta has been developed to educate those passionate about health & fitness using state of the art equipment, to be leading fitness professionals in the industry.
One of the most common questions we get asked is, “how do I become a personal trainer?” or “which fitness certification is best for me?”
Start your fitness career the right way with our complete personal trainer course including SIS30321 Cert 3 in Fitness & SIS40221 Cert 4 in Fitness, these 2 courses will give you all the required tools and understanding to become the best PT possible.
If you are passionate about fitness and want to get qualified as a personal trainer, our on campus Course will immerse and educate our students, not only into a full health & wellness experience to discover and learn how to fully use the best products, technologies & services for physical exercise, but also support from trainers and assessors that will be devoted to building you up to being the best PT possible and have a clear edge when starting your career in the fitness industry.
At Fitness Institute we believe in making sure all our courses are in depth and ensure that our students gain the most from them, we make sure to include Nutrition for PT’s, Strength & Conditioning, Success in Business & Group Fitness to ensure that our students are the most complete PTs in the industry.
We have specifically designed our courses to give our students the best learning environment possible and to make sure you come out the other end as a confident and reputable fitness professional.
Completing the SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness is your first stepping stone towards a career in the fitness industry. It is perfect if you are looking to become employed or start working as:
- Qualified as a Group Exercise Instructor and Fitness Instructor
- Working in a gym, health club or leisure centre
- Delivering exercise classes to a mix of fitness levels and different age groups
- Providing pre-screens, performing fitness appraisals and developing resistance programs for clients
- Learn about the Fitness Industry, how to maintain a gym & customer service
- Providing quality customer service and supervision
- Provide healthy eating guidelines
- Create a professional risk management and infection control process
- Sharpen your sales and service skills
- Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise programs
- Facilitate an inclusion program for people with disability
- Build your very own career development plan
Completing the SIS40221 Certificate IV combined with the Certificate III in Fitness you will be able to graduate as a fully reputable fitness professional:
- Graduate as a fully qualified Personal Trainer
- Integrate exercise science principles into fitness instruction
- Support and motivate clients with behavourial change insights
- Develop exercise programs and healthy eating guidelines for body composition goals
- Develop and evaluate functional, effective, safe and personalised training programs for individuals and groups
- Become an effective communicator and collaborator and developing a strong professional network
- Learn how effectively to work with medical and allied health professionals
- Deliver fitness classes to special populations and teenagers
- Develop the skills to setup a business or contract in the Sport, Fitness and Recreation Industry
- Create effective business and marketing plans
- Implement innovative long term, strength & conditioning programs for recreational and professional sporting goals
- Deliver exercise services in fitness facilities, gyms, leisure, recreation and community centres, client workplaces and homes, as well as outdoor locations.
- Hone e-skills to deliver online training services and communications
- Consider roles in team leadership, supervision, coordination and management
- Mentor, support and guide students, graduates and colleagues with development of fitness industry skills
- Integrate a progressed knowledge of anatomy, physiology and exercise programming into an evidenced based practice
- Employ specialised skills to work confidently and independently
How the mentoring package works:
- Sign up to our Online PT Course
- Select your Gym / Work placement options:
- Discounted Universal Fitness Gym membership (Parramatta or St Ives) with Group Fitness mentoring and use of facilities to train clients.
- Choose your own gym
- Select your Face to Face Mentoring Options
- 10x 1hr sessions available from “The Industrie PT” for $899
- Select your Assessment Support Options
- Upgrade from Gold Standard Support to VIP Support Pack option + $999.
your trainers & assessors
There are no official entry requirements to the Certificate III & IV in Fitness, however Fitness Institute will require the following for our courses:
- A small level of familiarity with gyms.
- Desktop or laptop computer (2 screens recommended for study, but not required).
- Computer literacy
- Able to process word documents, spreadsheets and presentation files.
- Able to send emails and attach documents or link to web files.
- Able to take pictures or videos on smartphones and upload to the web.
- Year 10 or equivalent completed. Year 11 minimum if in school (note 18 + is recommended).
- Ability to participate in physical activity or work out a suitable plan with your mentor (if injured).
- Commercial gym membership and access to be able to complete your practicals and experience different group fitness classes.
- If you believe that you may have learning difficulties with this course, please contact Fitenss Institute first on 1300 434 863 and we can advise our support options including the VIP Support Pack.
PROGRAM STAGES - SIS30321 – Certificate III in Fitness
FI 01 – Course Introduction and First Aid
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid (to be completed externally)
FI 02 – Work Health and Safety (Logbook and completion of First Aid)
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
- BSBWHS332X – Apply infection prevention and control procedures to own work environment
FI 03 – Working in the Industry (Logbook and video submissions)
- BSBPEF301 – Organise personal work priorities
- SIRXSLS001 – Sell to the retail customer
- BSBOPS304 – Deliver and monitor a service to customers
FI 04 – Anatomy and Physiology
- SISFFIT047 – Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
FI 05 – The Role of Gym Instructor
- SISFFIT032 – Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation
- SISFFIT033 – Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT052 – Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT040 – Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
- SISXDIS001 – Facilitate inclusion for people with a disability
FI 06 – The Role of Group Fitness Instructor
- SISFFIT035 – Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036 – Instruct group exercise sessions
PROGRAM STAGES - SIS40221 – Certificate IV in Fitness
PT 01 – PT for Specific Populations
- SISFFIT049 – Use exercise science principles in fitness instruction
- SISFFIT050 – Support exercise behaviour change
- SISFFIT051 – Establish and maintain professional practice for fitness instruction
- CHCCOM006 – Establish and manage client relationships
- SISFFIT045 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for adolescent clients
- SISFFIT044 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for older clients
PT 02 – PT for Body Composition Goals
- SISFFIT041 – Develop personalised exercise programs
- SISFFIT042 – Instruct personalised exercise sessions
- SISFFIT043 – Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT053 – Support healthy eating for individual fitness clients
PT 03 – PT for Sport, Strength and Conditioning goals
- BSBSLS408 – Present, Secure and support sales solutions
- BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
PT 04 – Fitness Business Success
- BSBESB401 – Research and develop business plans
- BSBESB402 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures
- BSBESB404 – Market new business ventures
World Class Experience
SYDNEY PERSONAL TRAINER COURSE
VIEW INVESTMENT PLANS
ENQUIRE NOW FOR YOUR FREE COURSE GUIDE INFO PACK
get the best career outcomes with a dual course.
BE INDUSTRY READY WITH up to date course CONTENT.
world class resources at Rushcutters Bay.
learn from experienced industry professionals.
EMBRACE THE OPPORTUNITY | BOOST YOUR SKILLS | MAKE THE CHANGE