Looking to work in the sport, fitness & recreation industry?
Obtaining this entry level qualification allows you to work in environments such as a commercial gym, performing pre-exercise screens, fitness assessments and program delivery. You can also assist with customer service and upkeep of the facility as well as deliver a wide range of fitness classes to groups of all ages and fitness levels.
Our program development team has chosen specific electives to better prepare you and increase your employability – see below for the course structure…
The Certificate III in Fitness also contains specific pre-requisites** to commencing SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness.
Program Stage 01 - Course Introduction and First Aid
HLTAID003 — Provide First Aid (required externally).
HLTAID001 — Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (highly recommended)
Program Stage 02 - WHS and Risk in the Fitness Industry
BSBRSK401 — Identify risk and apply risk management processes
HLTWHS001 — Participate in workplace health and safety
Program Stage 03 - Working in the Fitness Industry
SISXFAC001 — Maintain equipment for activities
SISXIND001 — Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- Plus 5 hours Maintenance Log book
- Plus 10 hours Customer Service Log book
Program Stage 04 - Anatomy and Physiology
SISFFIT004 — Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming**
Program Stage 05 - Gym Instructor
SISFFIT001 — Provide health screening and fitness orientation**
SISFFIT002 — Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations **
SISFFIT003 — Instruct fitness programs**
SISFFIT005 — Provide healthy eating information**
SISFFIT006 — Conduct fitness appraisals
SISFFIT014 — Instruct exercise to older clients
Program Stage 06 - Group Fitness
SISFFIT011 — Instruct approved community fitness programs
SISXCAI006 — Facilitate groups
- Plus 15 hours of attending group fitness classes log book”
* Continues on to Program Stage 08 — Deliver Personal Training with your clients.
** These subjects are pre-requisites for the Certificate IV in Fitness.
We would like to send you a FREE Information Pack.
Please provide your postal address if you would like to receive additional information.
GET STARTED NOW
- Covers additional support for Cert III in Fitness
- 10 Scheduled 30 minute outbound calls with a Fitness Professional
- Extensive feedback on assessment items
- Video observation and feedback of practicals
- Students with limited access to industry support and guidance or who need help with assessments due to course Learning, Literacy and Numeracy requirements are recommended to add the VIP Support pack.
- Only an additional $500
- ACCELERATE with VIP – $2,290 for VIP Paid in Full
- FREEDOM A with VIP – $2,490 for VIP Investment Plan ($85 First payment + $85 remainder weekly payments).
- FREEDOM B with VIP – $2,490 for VIP Investment Plan ($100 First payment + $170 remainder fortnightly payments).