Fitness Institute Pricing Plans are as follows:
- Online PT Course – Certificate III & IV in Fitness Combo
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- Diploma of Fitness
- Certificate IV in Weight Management
- Face to Face 20 week course
- Group Exercise Leader (GEL) course
- Face to Face and Online Schools program
For further information on pricing, please contact our team on 1300 434 863 or contact us via the web form at the bottom of this page.
- Qualifications are not issued until full payment has been received for the course.
- PaySmart Charges apply for all payment plans – $1.95 per payment PaySmart Admin Fee and once off $5.50 setup fee.
Other Costs for Fitness and Weight Management Courses:
- First Aid and CPR Course (approx $110 – $150 depending on training providor)
- Suitable Laptop or Desktop computer with ADSL or NBN internet and Microsoft Office (Word, powerpoint, excel)
- Note that free versions of Microsoft office such as OpenOffice.org often cause formatting issues
- Gym membership or casual visits
- Skin Fold Callipers (approx cost $17)
- Blood Pressure Machine (approx cost $35 for a wrist BP machine or $60 for an arm BP machine)
- Tape Measure (approx cost $2)
- Recommended Books / Software
Payment, Refund and Completion Policy:
We will allow a refund or cease payments only in the instance that we (as Fitness Institute Pty Ltd) cannot or have not provided a service as stated in our terms and conditions.
Examples of this could be:
- Online Learning Management System (LMS) unavailable for a long period of time (e.g. weeks at a time) without tutors providing alternative means to reading, lecture and assessment materials
- Lecturers for a Face to Face course not turning up to instruct classes during allotted times (e.g. 5:30 – 9:30pm Mondays and Wednesdays, Saturdays 10am – 5pm)
Refunds are not issued if students choose not to complete coursework, do not attend class or find themselves too busy to complete the course.
Students must make every attempt to come to class to learn and participate in the practicals and make use of the Learning Management System as backup and support to learning.
Contracts cannot be canceled and students who become financially unable to continue payments can apply to have payments adjusted and service charges may apply. In severe medical cases, a request can be made to hold or reduce payments or a reasonable extension duration can be negotiated.
The cooling off period after the contract has been agreed to (signed electronically or by hand) is 10 business days.
Students taking longer than the agreed amount of time are required to pay an additional $100 per program stage (module) extension fee to cover costs associated with re-enrolment, marking and administration. Extensions can be purchased from the extensions page.
Certificates will not be issued until full payment has been made to the Fitness Institute, all assessments are marked competent and all work placement hours are completed. In the case of the “Combo” course (Certificate III and IV in Fitness), a student may request their Certificate III on completion of all module assessments, work placement hours and payment of at least half the total amount of the contract.
More information can be found at ACCC with regards to contracts.
If you have any questions about the enrolment process, we are here to help you on (07) 4724 3123 or please see our contact page.
Note: You must be an Australian Citizen or Resident to enroll in Fitness Institute courses. If you are a non-resident, you will need to search for a CRICOS provider offering the Cert III and IV in Fitness.
1. Select your payment plan. Note: all payment plans, including specials, are available from relevant course pages.
2. Create or confirm your USI and inform us of your USI in step 4.
3. Register for Free Student Insurance with Fitness Australia and notify us of this number in step 4.
4. Register for our Learning Management System (no need to enroll in any courses – we can help with this later).
After your payment plan contract is completed, we will review the enrolment and activate the first portion of your course as soon as possible.
You can start to get organised by:
- Finding a mentor and suitable gym facility (if doing the Online PT course)
- Completing your First Aid Course HLTAID001, HLTAID002, HLTAID003.
Thanks for choosing the Fitness Institute and Making the Change in your life and inspiring others to do the same.