Ready to take on the World?
Develop “Next Level” industry skills and Advance your Career with Fitness Institute’s Ultimate Package Deal!
Fitness Institute’s World Class Trainer brings together the Certificate IV in Weight Management and the Diploma of Fitness to create a dynamic set of impressive, universally recognized qualifications designed to open up a world of possibilities and take your career to new heights!
Elevate yourself to fitness, business and weight management mastery and transform your clients and your career!
Becoming a World Class Trainer earns you the ability to work at the very top levels of the sport, recreation, wellness and fitness industry!
Graduates are also eligible for CEC points with Fitness Australia – 20 for the Diploma in Fitness and 15 for Certificate IV in Weight Management).
Boost your Weight Management, Sport, Fitness & Recreation Career – there are so many possible outcomes!
- Health Club or Leisure Centre Manager
- Health and Fitness Co-ordinator or Team Leader
- Fitness and Wellness Business Owner
- Weight Loss Consultant
- Weight Management Coach
- Health, Wellness and Nutrition Coach
- Advanced Personal Trainer
- Health and Fitness seminar presenter
- Health Promotion Professional
- Motivational Wellness Speaker
Units of Competency in the World Class Trainer
Diploma of Fitness
Advanced Trainer Units
Advanced Trainer UOCs
Fitness Stages 01 - 05
- Fitness Stage 00- Getting Started
- HLTAID006 – Provide advanced first aid (obtained externally)
- Fitness Stage 01- Evidence Based Practice
- SISFFITO28 – Apply evidence-based practice to excercise program
- Fitness Stage 02 – Health Promotion
- SISFFITO27 – Conduct health promotion activities
- HLTPOP014 – Assess readiness for and effect behaviour change
- Fitness Stage 03 – Injury Prevention
- SISFFIT031 – Implement injury prevention strategies
- Fitness Stage 04 – Advanced Programs
- SISFFIT030 – Instruct advanced exercise programs
- SISXICT001- Select and use technology for sports, fitness and recreation work
- SISSSTC301A – Instruct Strength and concerning techniques
- SISSSTC402A – Develop strength and conditioning programs
- Fitness Stage 05 – Anatomy and Physiology
- SISFFIT029 – Apply anatomy and physiology to advanced personal training
Businses Stages 01-08
- Business Stage 01 – Managing Budgets
- BSBFIM501 – Manage budgets and financial options
- Business Stage 02 – Recruitment
- BSBHRM405 – Support the recruitment selection and induction of staff
- Business Stage 03 – Managing People
- BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
- Business Stage 04 – Marketing
- BSBMG510 – Implement and monitoring marketing activities
- Business Stage 05 – Project Work
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
- Business Stage 06 – Manage Risk
- BSBRSKS01 – Manage risk
- Business Stage 07 – Communication
- COCOMO 2 – Use communication to build relationships
- Business Stage 08 – Professional Practice
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on and improve own professional active
Certificate IV in Weight Management
Health Coach Units
Health Coach UOCs
Health Coach Units
- Health Coach Stage 01
- WMTIND401A – Work Effectively in the Weight Management Industry
- Health Coach Stage 02
- WMTPSY401A – Analyse and Apply Principles of Psychology, Mindset and Behaviour Modification to Weight Management
- Health Coach Stage 03
- WMTDIT401A – Analyse and Apply Principles of Nutritional Science to Meal Plan
- Health Coach Stage 04
- WMTFIT401A – Apply Basic Anatomy and Physiology Principles to Exercise Recommendations for Weight Management
- Health Coach Stage 05
- WMTCON401A – Undertake an Initial Weight Management Consultation
- Health Coach Stage 06
- WMTCON402A – Undertake Regular Weight Management Consultations
- Health Coach Stage 07
- WMTCON403A – Design, Plan and Deliver Weight Management Clinics for Groups
- Health Coach Stage 08
- WMTREL401 – Work Collaboratively with Networks
- Health Coach Stage 09
- BSBCUS402 – Address Customer Needs
- Health Coach Stage 10
- BSBCUS402 – Address Customer Needs
- Health Coach State 11
- BSBSMB403 – Market the Small Business
We would like to send you a FREE Information Pack.
Please provide your postal address if you would like to receive additional information.
How long do I have to complete the course?
You will have 18 months to complete both qualifications.
After this time, extensions are available at $110 per program stage.
What are the entry requirements?
Formal Entry requirements to the World Class Trainer are:
- SIS50215 – Diploma of Fitness
- Hold a current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Have held the Certificate IV in Fitness for at least 1 year with experience.
- 10576NAT – Certificate IV in Weight Management
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have achieved a minimum year 10 level of education
- Have a minimum of three years employment or volunteer experience in
working within a customer service environment
- Meet the requirement for working with adolescents (13-17) in the relevant Australian State / Territory OR advise you do not intend to work with adolescents (13-17) but have been advised of the requirement should you choose to do so later.
- Have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents,
scan files and to use a basic spreadsheet
- Have a high level of language, literacy and numeracy skills – sufficient to interpret research documents, prepare written reports and prepare a weight management plan including numeracy requirements for weights, measurements and times.
Can I apply for Recognition of Prior Learning or Credit Transfers?
At any stage after enrolment, students may apply for RPL or credit transfer.
There are two units from the Certificate IV in Weight Management that can be recognised if you have done your Certificate IV in Fitness in the past 2 years and completed the same units (marketing and anatomy).
Do I require a mentor?
You will not require a mentor for the Certificate IV in Weight Management Subjects.
For the Diploma of Fitness Subjects, a good mentor would be someone who is experienced in the Fitness Industry, owns their own business and has Strength and Conditioning experience. If you run your own business, but don’t have access to a mentor, you could consider upgrading to the VIP Support Pack for additional support from the Fitness Institute assessors.
GET STARTED NOW
- Covers additional support for the Diploma of Fitness Program Stages
- 20 Scheduled 30 minute outbound calls with a Fitness Professional
- Extensive feedback on assessment items
- Video observation and feedback of practicals
- Students with limited access to industry support and guidance or who need help with assessments due to course Learning, Literacy and Numeracy requirements are recommended to add the VIP Support pack.
- Only an additional $990
- ACCELERATE with VIP – $6,230 for VIP Paid in Full ($3,230 First payment + $3,000 second payment)
- FREEDOM A with VIP – $7,230 for VIP Investment Plan ($90 weekly payments).
- FREEDOM B with VIP – $7,230 for VIP Investment Plan ($180 fortnightly payments).