get the best career outcomes with a dual course.
BE INDUSTRY READY WITH up to date course CONTENT.
world class resources at Park royal & universal gym.
learn from experienced industry professionals.
EMBRACE THE OPPORTUNITY | BOOST YOUR SKILLS | MAKE THE CHANGE
PARRAMATTA PERSONAL TRAINER COURSE
18 WEEK COURSE
Starts Monday 1st March 2021
Mondays and Wednesdays: 5:30pm – 8:30pm/9.00pm
Sundays: 9:00am – 1:00pm/2:00pm
SIS30315-Certificate 3 in Fitness
SIS40215-Certificate 4 in Fitness
Certificate III in Fitness
SIS30315 – Certificate III in Fitness
- Program Stage 01 – Course Introduction and First Aid
- HLTAID003 — Provide First Aid (required externally).
- HLTAID001 — Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (highly recommended)
- Program Stage 02 – WHS and Risk in the Fitness Industry
- BSBRSK401 — Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTWHS001 — Participate in workplace health and safety
- Program Stage 03 – Working in the Fitness Industry
- SISXCCS001 – Provide quality service**
- SISXFAC001 — Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 — Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- Plus 5 hours Maintenance Log book
- Plus 10 hours Customer Service Log book
- Program Stage 04 – Anatomy and Physiology
- SISFFIT004 — Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming**
- Program Stage 05 – Gym Instructor
- SISFFIT001 — Provide health screening and fitness orientation**
- SISFFIT002 — Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations **
- SISFFIT003 — Instruct fitness programs**
- SISFFIT005 — Provide healthy eating information**
- SISFFIT006 — Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 — Instruct exercise to older clients
- Program Stage 06 – Group Fitness
- SISFFIT007 — Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT011 — Instruct approved community fitness programs
- SISXCAI006 — Facilitate groups
- Plus 15 hours of attending group fitness classes log book
**Pre-requisites for the SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness
Certificate IV in Fitness
SIS40215 – Certificate IV in Fitness
- Program Stage 07 – Group training and Young people
- SISFFIT012 — Instruct movement programs to children aged 5 -12
- SISFFIT013 — Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 -17 years
- SISFFIT016 — Provide the motivation to positively influence exercise behavior
- SISFFIT019 — Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness
- SISFFIT023 — Instruct group personal training programs
- Program Stage 08 – Deliver Personal Training
- SISFFIT015 – Collaborate with a medical and allied health professional in a fitness context
- SISFFIT017 – Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 – Promote Functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT020 – Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 – Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 – Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 – Support healthy eating through the eat for health program
- SISXRES001 – Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- Program Stage 09 – Develop a Small Business
- BSBSLS408 – Present, Secure and support sales solutions
- BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
- Program Stage 10 – Strength and Conditioning and Endurance Training
- SISFFIT024 — Instruct endurance programs
- SISSSTC301A — Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A — Develop strength and conditioning programs
Work placement hours are offered regularly, as are opportunities to participate in external activities.
Change your life and the lives of others – call 4771 2791 and speak with our FI Team members.
There are no official entry requirements to the Certificate III & IV in Fitness, however Fitness Institute will require the following for our courses:
- A small level of familiarity with gyms.
- Desktop or laptop computer (2 screens recommended for study, but not required).
- Computer literacy
- Able to process word documents, spreadsheets and presentation files.
- Able to send emails and attach documents or link to web files.
- Able to take pictures or videos on smartphones and upload to the web.
- Year 10 or equivalent completed. Year 11 minimum if in school (note 18 + is recommended).
- Ability to participate in physical activity or work out a suitable plan with your mentor (if injured).
- Commercial gym membership and access to be able to complete your practicals and experience different group fitness classes.
- If you believe that you may have learning difficulties with this course, please contact Fitenss Institute first on 1300 434 863 and we can advise our support options including the VIP Support Pack.