For example, the scope of practice for a Personal Trainer is that they:
- Typically work independently (may be self-employed or an employee) and may support or lead other registered exercise professionals
- Typically practices within a fitness facility but also in a wide variety of other environments (including unpredictable settings such as outdoor locations, client homes, community spaces, workplaces)
- Provides individually tailored client assessments, program development, instruction and demonstration, supervised exercise sessions and client reviews. Maintains consistent monitoring and support for clients (including between sessions).
- May deliver exercise programs designed for participation by a group of clients with a mix of ages/fitness levels
- Typically manages both business and client needs e.g. promoting and selling services, as well as delivering services.
See related stories here: