The rowing machine has become one of the most popular pieces of equipment in the gym. Learn how to get your technique right with the team at Fitness Institute!
How to row effectively:
Aim to keep a straight back and neutral head (back in line with neck) in order to keep shoulders in a strong position.
The row could be summed up with the cues: KNEES, HIPS, ARMS, ARMS, HIPS, KNEES!!!!
1. Starting position.
2. Maintain a straight back and extend the legs (knees).
3. Extend hips with speed maintaining your back position.
4. Pull arms to just below chest with a big pull. Pause briefly before the next step.
5. Lengthen your arms back.
6. Bend forward from hips maintaining your back position.
7. Bend knees to return to the starting position.
Remember to seek the advice of your fitness trainer, medical and/or allied health professionals, if you are new to exercise or have an injury or medical condition to consider.
See more Gym Exercises HERE
See more Strength Exercises HERE
See more on our Fitness and Wellness courses HERE.