Almost 65% of the Australian population is overweight and need help finding their healthy weight range again
Fitness Institute has been helping people lose weight and develop a healthy lifestyle since 2009.
Obtaining a Certificate IV in Weight Management prepares you to take an active role in the fight against the ever-growing statistics around obesity and excess weight.
For many years, the weight loss industry has been unregulated. Now, with the development of this Nationally Recognised, Accredited Course, Fitness Institute are proud to offer those motivated to help others achieve healthy weight goals, a new career path!
Covering 11 topics, this valuable professional and personal development course incorporates evidence-based nutritional advice, meal plans, exercise recommendations and psychological considerations.
Completing this course qualifies you start a career as a Weight Management Coach, Weight Loss Consultant or Health, Wellness and Nutrition coach – all highly sought after qualifications and services in the fitness and weight loss industries….
You don’t have to be a Personal Trainer to do this course – the only pre-requisites are listed in the entry requirements below.
If you are already a registered Personal Trainer with Fitness Australia, you will be eligible for 15 CECs when you graduate!
To learn more about the Certificate IV in Weight Management Course, fill out Tell Me More contact form and we will send you out an info pack!
Get your free Health Coach Information Pack!
- Course Code – 10859NAT – Certificate IV in Weight Management
- Delivery – Online/External
- Course Duration – Up to 14 months
Essential entry requirements
Entrants to the Certificate IV in Weight Management must:
- have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents and to use basic spreadsheets
Recommended entry requirements
Entrants should have:
- high level language, literacy and numeracy levels – sufficient to interpret research documents, prepare written reports and prepare a weight management plan including numeracy requirements for weights, measures and times.
- The following language, literacy and numeracy skills are likely to facilitate successful completion of the course:
- Adaptability to understand and apply materials to various contexts
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to provide clear instructions and read and write manuals and reports and evaluate the impact of the materials
- Ability to interpret, evaluate and apply legislation to business procedures
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to acknowledge and respond and manage a wide range of views and relate to clients and colleagues from differing cultural, social and religious backgrounds
- Problem solving skills required to fulfill job roles
- Ability to perform complex numeric calculations
- Ability to use computers.
Limitations to entry
Students seeking entry to this course may be subject to an interview process, based on their initial application, to determine their suitability for providing support services to weight management clients.
This course exposes students to the challenge of mentoring clients who may have suffered challenging, emotionally confronting situations. It requires students to have sufficient maturity and work/life experience to provide professional support services within organisational and regulatory requirements.
Students are required to read and interpret medical or allied health practitioner referrals, prepare referrals and weight management plans including the use of entering measurements, weights and times.
What You Will Learn
- NAT10859001- Work effectively in the weight management industry
- NAT10859002- Apply principles of psychology, mindset and behaviour modification to weight management
- NAT10859003- Develop meal plans in consultation with clients
- NAT10859004- Make exercise recommendations for weight management in consultation with clients
- NAT10859005- Undertake initial weight management consultations
- NAT10859006- Undertake regular weight management consultations
- NAT10859007- Design, plan and deliver weight management clinics for groups
- NAT10859008- Work collaboratively with networks
- BSBCMM401- Make a presentation
- BSBCUS402- Address customer needs
- BSBSMB403- Market the small business