Our Certificate IV in Weight Management will qualify you as a Weight Management Coach, Weight Loss Consultant or Health, Wellness and Nutrition coach.
Obtaining a Certificate IV in Weight Management prepares you to take an active role in fighting the ever-growing statistics of obesity and excess weight
Our nationally recognised, accredited course offers you a new career path assisting those who want a better, healthier lifestyle
10859NAT – Certificate IV in Weight Management
Entrants to the Certificate IV in Weight Management must:
- Have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents and to use basic spreadsheets
- Ability to use computers
Limitations to entry
Students seeking entry to this course may be subject to an interview process, based on their initial application, to determine their suitability for providing support services to weight management clients.
This course exposes students to the challenge of mentoring clients who may have suffered challenging, emotionally confronting situations. It requires students to have sufficient maturity and work/life experience to provide professional support services within organisational and regulatory requirements.
Students are required to read and interpret medical or allied health practitioner referrals, prepare referrals and weight management plans including the use of entering measurements, weights and times.
- NAT10859001- Work effectively in the weight management industry
- NAT10859002- Apply principles of psychology, mindset and behaviour modification to weight management
- NAT10859003- Develop meal plans in consultation with clients
- NAT10859004- Make exercise recommendations for weight management in consultation with clients
- NAT10859005- Undertake initial weight management consultations
- NAT10859006- Undertake regular weight management consultations
- NAT10859007- Design, plan and deliver weight management clinics for groups
- NAT10859008- Work collaboratively with networks
- BSBCMM401- Make a presentation
- BSBCUS402- Address customer needs
- BSBSMB403- Market the small business