To learn more about the Certificate IV in Weight Management Course, fill out our “It would be grape to hear from you” form and we will send you out an info pack!
In Australia, almost 65% of the population are overweight and need your help!
Obtaining a Certificate IV in Weight Management allows you to take part in the fight against the ever-growing statistic of overweight people globally.
Fitness Institute has been helping people lose weight and develop a healthy lifestyle since 2009. For many years, the weight loss industry has been unregulated and now with the development of this Nationally Recognised, Accredited Course, we are proud to offer those keen to help others achieve their healthy weight goals, a new career path!
Covering 11 topics and using evidence based nutritional advice, meal plans, exercise recommendations and psychological considerations, completing this course will qualify you as a weight management advisor and add a highly sought after qualification to a Personal Trainer’s service offering.
You don’t have to be a Personal Trainer to do this course though, the only pre-requisites are listed in the entry requirements below.
- Course Code – 10576NAT – Certificate IV in Weight Management
- Delivery – Online/External
- Course Duration – Up to 12 months
- Weight Loss Consultant
- Weight Management Consultant
- Motivational Weight Management Coach
- Wellness Coach
- Health Coach
- WMTIND401A – Work effectively in the weight management industry
- WMTPSY401A – Analyse and apply principles of psychology, mindset and behaviour modification to weight management
- WMTDIT401A – Analyse and apply principles of nutritional science to meal planning
- WMTFIT401A – Apply basic anatomy and physiology principles to exercise recommendations for weight management
- WMTCON401A – Undertake an initial weight management consultation
- WMTCON402A – Undertake regular weight management consultations
- WMTCON403A – Design, plan and deliver weight management clinics for groups
- WMTREL401A – Work collaboratively with networks
- BSBCMM401 – Make a presentation
- BSBCUS402 – Address customer needs
- BSBSMB403 – Market the Small Business
Information for Personal Trainers Registered with Fitness Australia
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have achieved a minimum year 10 level of education.
- Have a minimum of three years employment or volunteer experience in working within a customer service environment.
- Meet the requirement for working with adolescents (13-17) in the relevant Australian State / Territory.
- Have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents, scan files and to use a basic spreadsheet.
- Entrants should have a high level of language, literacy and numeracy skills – sufficient to interpret research documents, prepare written reports and prepare a weight management plan including numeracy requirements for weights, measurements and times.